shopping advice please

grubbykneesApril 1, 2013

I'm in Casper. I'm a regular lurker on your forum. I'm quite jealous of those of you living down there in the "banana belt" of the Rockies (Denver).
I"m going to be in Denver in mid April and I'm hoping to do a little garden shopping while I'm there. One of the things I was hoping to get there is Azomite. Have any of you good people noticed it in any of the garden centers?
I'm also curious about something called Biosol. It's a by product of making penicillin used as a soil amendment. Has anyone here tried it? I know it's sold by a company there, but I wondered if it is worth the expense and trouble.
I garden on ancient sand dunes and it's like trying to garden on beach sand only with alkali. It needs all the help it can get.
thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gjcore

It looks like Azomite is for purchase in Casper http://www.azomite.com/states/Wyoming.html

As far as garden centers in the metro area in my opinion the best one that I've been to is Paulino's which is right off of I-25
http://www.paulinogardens.com/

Biosol available here
http://www.rockymtnbioproducts.com/distributors.htm#co

This post was edited by gjcore on Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 13:50

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 1:46PM
grubbyknees

Thank you gjcore,

The Casper vender of azomite charges an arm and two legs for it. ( I was the one who encouraged him to carry it) I didn't know he would try to finance a European vacation off of the proceeds.

I was hoping someone had tried the biosol. I read somewhere that adding it to soil discourages voles. It's hard to believe anything discouraging voles, but I live in hope. It would be nice if it added some fertility too.

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 7:20PM
grubbyknees

Thank you gjcore,

The Casper vender of azomite charges an arm and two legs for it. ( I was the one who encouraged him to carry it) I didn't know he would try to finance a European vacation off of the proceeds.

I was hoping someone had tried the biosol. I read somewhere that adding it to soil discourages voles. It's hard to believe anything discouraging voles, but I live in hope. It would be nice if it added some fertility too.

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 8:24PM
david52_gw

I just bought some azomite at IFA (Intermountain Farmers Assoc.). So I'd check any of the feed/farm stores

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 11:56AM
grubbyknees

I just found Azomite at Rick's Garden Center in Co. Springs saving about $15 a bag over the Casper price. We will be going through the Springs on our trip and it looks like Rick's is not far off the interstate. If I can get DH to slow down I'll have my Azomite!
The IFA is in Cortez. I LOVE Cortez, I used to live in Farmington and we went there occasionally, but we won't be going that way this trip.
Anyone have an opinion about Biosol?

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 5:49PM
More Discussions
Something New in the Tomato Patch
Often, I have allowed a volunteer tomato to grow each...
digit
Anyone interested in unusual peonies take a look at Adelman's
Just got the catalog for Adelmans Peony Paradise for...
lizbest1
The opening bell has rung
bell peppers? No, not this year, but several hot's! We've...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
I could build that!
Well, why not ? No, that floor isn't sloping. There's...
digit
getting ready!
So I decided to remodel my seed starting this year....
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™