Almost Heaven Roses

roadrunner23May 22, 2008

Does anyone on this forum have any ordering experience from this vendor? There aren't many reviews about them at the Garden Watchdog and none of them are recent. AHR lists several miniatures that aren't offered by other vendors that look very interesting.

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jont1(Midwest 5b/6a)

I have ordered from Vernon Rickard at Almost Heaven Roses for several years and am always very impressed with the quality of the roses he sends me. They are always in the best of condition, disease and insect free, and packed to transport meticulously so they don't get damaged on the way.
I would recommend anyone to Vernon anytime.
Good Luck,
John

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 11:58PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Ditto what John said. The Rickards are very nice, very knowledgeable and provide excellent plants.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 10:18AM
roadrunner23

Thanks for your responses. Glad you've had good success ordering from them. I have a pending order that was mailed to them in late April and I haven't received the roses. They've missed 2 shipping dates with no explanation and since my credit card still hasn't been billed I have no idea if they ever intend to fill the order. They don't send out order verifications or shipping notices which is something many other vendors do. I'm trying to determine if unreliable service is typical. Based on your experiences apparently it isn't so I wonder what the problem is now? Very frustrating.

Dave

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 4:05PM
ken_se_fl(9 SE, Fl.)

Fantastic place. Any time I order from them my roses always get to me in great shape.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 4:40PM
roadrunner23

Here's an update. I just received a phone call from Vernon Rickard. The mixup is straightened out and he will ship on Tuesday. I didn't realize he pretty much does the whole business himself and April is his busiest month. I should have been more patient. My bad.

Dave

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
Grocery Store Minis
This is the first year to go through a spring with...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Is this just transplant shock?
Hello, I got these from trader joes last week. They...
jakrat85
Chamblee's
I just received my first shipment of roses ever from...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Is this fungus?!
I was pruning my mini roses and ran into this at the...
Nattie_Natt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™