White powdery stuff on trunk

JgardengirlNovember 4, 2011

Hi all

About 6 months ago a friend gave me a potted cutting that she got from a nursery as a gift. Unlike the other 2 potted frangipani (sorry I'm Australian) cuttings I have on the same balcony it hasn't really grown.

On closer inspection I have now noticed it has white powdery clusters on various parts of the trunk and in cases this looks like it is sitting on a sore/ulcer type wound on the trunk.

I live in an apartment so growing in a pot is my only option. Could it be a drainage issue? There have been no leaves so I can't check traditional indicators of wet feet such as black soot or mould on the leaves that I would look for on other types of plants.

I live on the Gold Coast so its almost summer all year round, they get sunlight every day but not all day. I don't think I am over watering them as the other do are doing well but obviously there is a problem.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated

J

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
the_first_kms2(8/9)

its hard to say without looking at a picture. You could use a spray on antifungal. If it doesnt have leaves let it dry out and do not water until it has a leaf between 4 and 6 inches long.

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Spring is on it's way...
Just wanted to post some "wake up" progress....
tunatony
It's almost here!
Hey everyone! I'm dying for spring to get here! I...
moonie_57
My seed pod broke off ... Help
My seed pod that had been growing/maturing for the...
cwgrinnell
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
New shoots after pruning....
Just a quick question for all you plumeria growers...
scott_madison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™