Just Bought Pinstripe, Cafe Ole, Bee's Knees, Tell me About Them

susanjane(z7 NW GA)May 16, 2005

After being enabled on the gallery forum, I just ordered three mini's. Cafe Ole, Pinstripe, and Bee's Knees. Would appreciate it if anyone has them and can tell me if I made a good choice. I am in N. Ga. Will probably get addicted to mini's since I have limited space to plant. Would love to hear your favorites and why.

Thanks in advance,

Susan.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Bee's Knees will want a bit of space. It is a vigorous grower. I transplanted mine into the ground a month ago, and it's fully leafed out and 1' x 1' wide now, I expect it to reach more than 2' around by mid-June.

"Mini" refers to the size of the bloom, not really the size of the plant. My Incognito is 3' tall by 2' wide, and some get even larger.

Bookmark   May 17, 2005 at 9:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

Pinstripe was new to me last year, so these impressions are only for last year and part of this. Both of mine are in containers and have stayed compact with a rounded evenly branched bush form. I would think they would make excellent landscaping roses as well as container roses. They bloom almost constantly. The pretty buds open quickly to full blooms which last a good while. No disease that I've noticed, but I spray fairly consistantly. So far I'm enjoying them very much........I don't grow Bee's Knees but I asked about it's bush form a couple of years ago on this forum. The replies were that it gets to be a big rose.
I've seen the blooms at the rose shows and they are lovely, but was told the bush shape was not particularly it's best asset. Whether that's true or not may be in the eye of the beholder.

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 12:59PM
More Discussions
Help with ID of grocery store mini (pics)
I saw these two minis at the grocery store for $3.99...
gardennatlanta
Is this fungus?!
I was pruning my mini roses and ran into this at the...
Nattie_Natt
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
Pleased to say
On February 10th I received eight one gallon pots of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Grocery Store Minis
This is the first year to go through a spring with...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Sponsored Products
Elite Mahogany 48 to 84 Inch Decorative Traverse Rod w/ Sliders Gemstone Finial
$89.95 | Bellacor
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Legend Series 46 in. x 66 in. Framed
Home Depot
Purple & Pink Hearts Quilt Set
$129.99 | zulily
Polished Chrome Whitehaus WHSM01-12 Round Bathroom Lavatory Rain Showerhead
$459.00 | Blue Bath
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: LR Resources Rugs Senses Shag Shapes Pink
Home Depot
Kraus Imperium Bathroom Accessory Towel Hook
Overstock.com
Furniture of America Evangeline 2-Piece Upholstered Dining Side Chairs - Antique
$655.00 | Hayneedle
Countdown Art Print
$139.99 | Dot & Bo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™