Just Bought Pinstripe, Cafe Ole, Bee's Knees, Tell me About Them

susanjane(z7 NW GA)May 16, 2005

After being enabled on the gallery forum, I just ordered three mini's. Cafe Ole, Pinstripe, and Bee's Knees. Would appreciate it if anyone has them and can tell me if I made a good choice. I am in N. Ga. Will probably get addicted to mini's since I have limited space to plant. Would love to hear your favorites and why.

Thanks in advance,

Susan.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Bee's Knees will want a bit of space. It is a vigorous grower. I transplanted mine into the ground a month ago, and it's fully leafed out and 1' x 1' wide now, I expect it to reach more than 2' around by mid-June.

"Mini" refers to the size of the bloom, not really the size of the plant. My Incognito is 3' tall by 2' wide, and some get even larger.

Bookmark   May 17, 2005 at 9:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

Pinstripe was new to me last year, so these impressions are only for last year and part of this. Both of mine are in containers and have stayed compact with a rounded evenly branched bush form. I would think they would make excellent landscaping roses as well as container roses. They bloom almost constantly. The pretty buds open quickly to full blooms which last a good while. No disease that I've noticed, but I spray fairly consistantly. So far I'm enjoying them very much........I don't grow Bee's Knees but I asked about it's bush form a couple of years ago on this forum. The replies were that it gets to be a big rose.
I've seen the blooms at the rose shows and they are lovely, but was told the bush shape was not particularly it's best asset. Whether that's true or not may be in the eye of the beholder.

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 12:59PM
More Discussions
Grocery store minis
Since there is no lack of posts about these little...
ziyakr
Supermarket Minis
Once again, I am getting tempted by Supermarket Minis....
Buford_NE_GA_7A
Source for minis
What is the current favorite source for the miniatures?...
barb_roselover_in
Trouble with Minis
Hi Guys, I am desperately trying to figure out what...
SoFL Rose z10
Rooting cuttings
I have been a miniature rose lover for quite some time...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™