Striped Mini's?

mrsbunny(z7 NC)June 10, 2006

I want to get a striped mini for flower arranging. People seem to like Pinstripe. How does it hold up in a vase? I've never grown a mini before, and I can't spray for health reasons. I need something vigorous and disease-resistant. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Bunny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan_keil_cr Keil(Illinois z5)

If you want striped roses go to Moore's Mini Roses. He's the King of striped roses.

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 4:29PM
berger3(10b)

But know that a lot of the Moore roses are thornier than -- heck. I think I read he used a lot of moss roses are parents and those babies are KILLERS.

Bookmark   January 24, 2007 at 9:47PM
mike_in_new_orleans(9a/ coastal LA)

I have Pinstripe. In my hot climate, the rose has a split personality. In the summer, the colors are somewhat muddled and the blooms look rather informal. In our cool but not cold winters, however, the blooms are gorgeous and last a long time. Just not real consistant for me. I've have some cut blooms last 2 weeks with elegant form. But some of the flowers are not nearly so memorable.

Check out Memphis Music, which I just bought from "Almost Heaven Roses. It is a deep black-cherry red rose with pale yellow striping. The bloom form is exquisite, about 1 3/4" in diameter, and last seemingly forever. They dry well, too.

Bookmark   March 4, 2007 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Supermarket Minis
Once again, I am getting tempted by Supermarket Minis....
Buford_NE_GA_7A
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
mini and pineapple love each other.
My pineapple houseplant was getting too big so I put...
Wild Haired Mavens
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
dan_keil_cr
You have lovely collection of many types of roses....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™