Jilly Jewel

mdseagullJune 20, 2007

I have had Jilly Jewel in my Maryland garden for about two years. It really has had a growth spurt this year. Anyone here that has grown it that can tell me about their experiences with it? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Is will get tall and it will spread. I've had it for a long time now. It is pretty tough, mine isn't in an ideal spot, but it chugs along. REquires spraying here, but most minis do.

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 11:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floridaarkansan(9)

We moved to Florida just in time for four hurricanes in September and October of 2004. We had planted Jilly Jewel among others in raised planters that are right on the Gulf. After the storms the plant looked as though death would have been better. Mega amounts of gypsum took care of salt intrusion. Fertilizer and TLC nursed it back to health. In November of that year we won "Queen" with Jilly Jewel. It is truly a hardy rose. It does get tall and spreads but the blooms are worth it. I can prune 50-60 spent blooms at one time from one bush. It is a keeper for us. Others are Autumn Splendor, Pacific Serenade, Old Glory, Olympic Gold, Memphis King, and a number of Whit Wells' miniatures such as Best of '04, Springs A Comin, Memphis Music, Top Contender, Rocky Top, and Brighton Cardinals.

Bookmark   October 8, 2007 at 11:54PM
More Discussions
Source for minis
What is the current favorite source for the miniatures?...
barb_roselover_in
How to deal with black spots
My mini-roses seem to be very vulnerable to black spots....
jujujojo_gw
Trouble with Minis
Hi Guys, I am desperately trying to figure out what...
SoFL Rose z10
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Suggestions to plant between mini roses?
I am planting/have planted a bunch of micro minis and...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™