Finally getting some blooms

bethnorcal9April 26, 2010

Yay! They're finally beginning to open up!! 'Bout time!

BLUE FOR YOU - new baby from EuroDesert Roses

ELSIE MELTON

MON CHERI

PAPA MEILLAND

SOUTH AFRICA

TAFFETA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Your photo of Taffeta is lovely.

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 2:05AM
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

Veeeeeery beautiful Beth! I say a Huge Hooray for us too that we get to see your new season's roses. YIPEEEEEEEE!

Papa Meilland looks heavenly! I always here that he's got awesome fragrance, but this has got to be the tops of the photos I've seen of him.

I've always wanted to get some Eurodesert roses, but there really isn't too much written about fragrance and BS resistance, so I end up too chicken to order anything. The colors of Eurodesert roses are quite dazzling but it's hard for me to choose a rose if I don't know the fragrance and BS resistance. Any favorite, strongly fragranced Eurodesert roses?

I love the pinks and the shapes of Elsie Melton and Taffeta is like sheer elegance!

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 2:14AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Oh Beth. I knew I shouldn't have looked at your post. Blue For You is fabulous but aren't Cliff's roses all fabulous.
Taffeta is pretty too. Don't know how you take care of all those babies but you do a great job.

Thank you!
Carla

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 10:12AM
mashamcl

Congratulations on your new roses! Blue For You is wonderful, and I love South Africa.

Masha

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 11:26AM
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

Beautiful roses Beth. Ours are starting to pop open too! YAAAAA!!

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 2:31PM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

what a joy when the roses begin to bloom---They are worth waiting for.

I love all of them.

Florence

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 6:22PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

I really like Blue for You and Elsie Melton.

Serena, why don't you write Cliff Orent at EuroRoses an e-mail and tell him what you're looking for. I'm sure he can steer you toward some roses that would work for you.

Ingrid

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 7:49PM
the_bustopher z6 MO

It looks like yours are off to a good start. I also bought a Blue for You along with a flock of others from Eurodesert. From your picture of it, I am wondering how close to the color of Rhapsody in Blue your Blue for You is. I don't know if you have Rhapsody in Blue, but I have seen it although I am not growing it because it is supposedly more of a cool, coastal rose. I am thinking that Blue for You and Rhapsody in Blue would make a nice bouquet together.

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 9:53PM
bethnorcal9

Thanks everybody!!

Serena, Cliff doesn't put all the roses' info on the website. I believe he actually mentions looking the roses up on HMF. It will give more info. Altho Ingrid's suggestion of emailing him about specific roses is a good idea. Cliff's really nice and I'm sure he can give you ideas about what roses might be what you're looking for.

Thanks so much Carla! Sometimes I feel like I'm just not going to be able to keep up with all these roses, but I do my best to get out there. This yr the weather has been a hinderance. And yes, Cliff's roses are fabulous! I think I ordered about 15 from him this last time. Yikes!

Bustopher, that shot of BLUE FOR YOU certainly doesn't do it justice. And yes, it does look very close colorwise to RIB. They'd be wonderful together.

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 11:32PM
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

Drool, droool, drooooooool, Beth and Ingrid I am in trouble now! I promised Jim that when 2011 came around I wouldn't ever! get past 29 roses because my next lucky number is 92, LOL! Now I am creeping dangerously toward my 29 roses and it isn't even 2011 yet, YIKES!!! The dangers of seeing Beth's beautiful roses, hahahaha! I'll be sure to check in with Eurodesert roses then!

Beth we too are getting slaughtered by the rains. It's like sheesh, it's a repeat of last fall, cold and blasted with rains. Fragrant Cloud is still opening up its blooms faithfully but I don't see how with all that rain we keep getting plastered with. We're not supposed to be getting any blackspot in the spring, but the way it's been raining.....eeeeee! Not even the knockouts are blooming yet.

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 3:22AM
lesmc

Oh Boy!!! So happy to see your post!! That Taffeta is beautiful! Thank you, Beth for all your pics.. Keep em coming! Lesley

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 9:14AM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

wow, I love that new one.BLUE FOR YOU. Gorgeous.

Jean

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 2:56PM
odyssey3(7 noVA)

Oooh---tell us more about Taffeta. Lovely!

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 4:32PM
ramblinrosez7b(JerseyShore)

Beautiful roses Beth, thanks for sharing with us.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 7:29PM
bethnorcal9

TAFFETA is a lovely rose. The blooms often blow pretty fast tho. They have thin stems and tend to hang with the weight.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
A girl and her roses!! Lol
A bunch of roses I cut this morning!! Enjoy!!
Prettypetals_GA_7-8
Name that rose game!
I know we already have a whole thread dedicated to...
kublakan
The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild
To me, this rose has a different form than most Austins...
suebelle_neworleans
The beautiful Distant Drums...
Planted Distant drums bareroots from Edmunds this spring....
pappu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™