Odd shaped leaves?

ninetyJune 10, 2014

It may be kind of hard to see in this picture, but up near the center of the picture are the leaves that started growing in oddly on my little yellow rose bush. They are all long and very narrow. Is my bush sick? I bought it from lowes about a month or so back. It had the white, fuzzy fungus on it about a week or two ago, so I pinched those leaves off and took them over to the trash. Haven't seen it since, but this is what grew back. I had wanted to plant it in the ground out near my other bush, but I don't want to make it sick, too. Should I throw it out? I would just take it back, but the return isn't really worth the hassle.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seeingreen

Can't say I see anything unhealthy, new leaves are often a different color. if you are talking about the very top growth those are stipule, where the leaves would branch out of. If you have had the plant for a month it's not really the stores responsibility to replace the rose. The rose is responding to your care.... which looks very good by the way. If the rose is a miniature and you haven't repotted it, you may need too as minis are often cuttings crammed into tiny pots and then fertilized so they quickly fill out... the little guy may need some more leg room....and there are a number of helpful posts in the miniature rose forum.

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 4:49PM
More Discussions
What's wrong with this little miniature rose plant??
Hi all, My mom got this for me up in Sonoma around...
a_shau
Supermarket Minis
Once again, I am getting tempted by Supermarket Minis....
Buford_NE_GA_7A
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
to cut the blooms or not
I got a shipment of plants in today, in 5 " pots....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™