RIP my sweet chariot ...

silvana365(toronto area)June 6, 2009

hello. (i'm new)

... my heart is breaking. I had my sc for almost 3 years now and today i think i've given up hope.

I had it in my cold room over the winter and it was doing beautifully!!! i put it outside sometime in april/may and we've had some really cold nights.

I did put in back in the garage some nights but i guess a cold snap snuck on me when i wasn't looking.

I also lost 3 other mini roses - which i also loved but ofcourse sc was my favourite.

i'm still mad at myself - i also lost some mini roses last years' spring and this year i thought i was being so careful.

it's heartbreaking, they're fine over the winter but spring just kills them!!!

Ofcourse the ones i'm not so crazy about have survived - warm welcome - very nice rose - but not in my colour scheme and hot tamale are both fine.

Also jeannie joie and candy sunblaze are both doing wonderfully (they're wonderful little roses too!!! :) )

(ps: all these are potted in large pots)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dollnut27(5)

Hello, also a new member. Just wondering. All the miniature roses I've grown are very winter hardy. I am in zone 5 and have had mine planted in the garden for years now and they are doing wonderfully. Why don't you try planting it outdoors and see how it does?

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 11:48AM
More Discussions
Grocery store minis
Since there is no lack of posts about these little...
ziyakr
supermarket mini bought on the wrong day
My apologies if this topic has been discussed before...
Jenny
Size of pot
I asked this on the main Rose forum but thought I'd...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
mini and pineapple love each other.
My pineapple houseplant was getting too big so I put...
Wild Haired Mavens
source for raplh moore/sequoia mini rose blue mist
hi, does anyone know where I can get this rose? It...
Boca_Joe(zone 7A)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™