Green ice or icy drift?

joannembJune 11, 2012

What are your thoughts? Are they about the same as far as height/width? How do they compare as far as disease resistability, blooming and color? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

I never had Icy Drift but I had Green Ice and it died over winter. It never got bigger than about a foot cube either. The flowers are very small and greenish white and it bloomed in flushes not continuously. It did black spot some but I don't recall it being terrible. For me though it just wasn't very appealing so I never replaced it. The blooms were just ho hum.

I did see an Icy Drift at the nursery Saturday and it larger larger, both the plant and the blooms. The one I saw had about a 3 foot spread but only about 18 to 20 inches tall. It did have spots on it though.

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 3:58PM
bob_71(z7 MD)

I never grew Icy Drift but I have grown, and enjoyed, GREEN ICE very much. It is better than average in it's disease resistance and blooms prolifically in flushes throughout the spring and summer. It blooms in sprays and blooms are fully double. The blooms open white and turn a pale green as they age. Blooms remain on the bush in excess of two weeks.

Bob

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 10:39AM
ditas

I agree w/ Bob! Of all the Miniature Roses I have planted (& lost a few) GREEN ICE Planted in 2003 is my favorite as well. I have 2 both are the last ones still flushing blooms when all others have started going to bed for Winter! One is in less than ideal site but has never failed to please!!! I have not planted ICY DRIFT either.

FWIW here's my album 2011 ~ some pix are from earlier years!

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Ice over the years!

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Help with ID of grocery store mini (pics)
I saw these two minis at the grocery store for $3.99...
gardennatlanta
Big Pots
Last evening my husband came home with some pots he...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Suggestions to plant between mini roses?
I am planting/have planted a bunch of micro minis and...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
Rooting cuttings
I have been a miniature rose lover for quite some time...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Supermarket Minis
Once again, I am getting tempted by Supermarket Minis....
Buford_NE_GA_7A
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™