Pics of Graduation Day

the_morden_man((Z4-Z5) Ontario, Canada)June 24, 2005

A while back, there was a question regarding apricot coloured mini roses. I suggested a rose called Graduation Day bred by Brad Jalbert of Select roses in Langley, B.C., Canada. Unfortunately, I did not have any pics to share at that point, but now I do.

This rose is super cane hardy for a miniature, as a lot of Brad Jalberts mini's are, as well as, extremely disease resistant. I have never had a spot of disease on this mini, nor his Patio Wonder series miniatures (I have white and pink patio Wonder) for the 2 years I have had them in the garden.

Anyway, here are some pics of Graduation Day.

If you can't see the pic, you may have to right click right on the X and then left click on show picture. If that doesn't work, right click, then left click properties and cut and paste the URL into a browser. I know it's a pain, but some have difficulty seeing my pics. Others don't...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eviestevie(8a Central TX)

wow that is a gorgeous color! i seriously want one now

(for those who can't see the pics, i had to cut and paste the url of the picture into my browser bar before they showed up)

Bookmark   June 25, 2005 at 4:51PM
Tenderheart_Zone5

What a pretty Rose! :) Would it grow in Zone 5/Northwest PA? I looked it up at "Help Me Find" but no zone info is mentioned there for this one. It would be nice to get this as a graduation gift to myself next year. :)

Thank you for any info, and again, beautiful pictures. :)

Bookmark   June 26, 2005 at 7:53PM
ridgerunner14_wv(z5/6 WV)

I love the color and form of this mini. Would love to have one. Thanks for posting the pics. Darleen :)

Bookmark   June 26, 2005 at 10:51PM
the_morden_man((Z4-Z5) Ontario, Canada)

Tenderheart,

Yes, it will easily grow and thrive in any zone 5 climate. This mini rose is very cane hardy. I have roughly 50% cane loss after each winter and this is almost unheard of for a miniature in my garden. MOst dieback to the ground or a few inches above.

Graduation Day and Jalbert's Patio Wonder Series are like the "Explorer" series for miniatures. They are very hardy and disease resistant mini's. I'll post some pics of White Patio and Pink Patio Wonder later today or tomorrow.

Bookmark   June 27, 2005 at 2:17PM
Tenderheart_Zone5

Thank you, The_Morden_Man. I'll definitely keep this one in-mind for next year. :)

Bookmark   June 27, 2005 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
Trouble with Minis
Hi Guys, I am desperately trying to figure out what...
SoFL Rose z10
Source for minis
What is the current favorite source for the miniatures?...
barb_roselover_in
Help with ID of grocery store mini (pics)
I saw these two minis at the grocery store for $3.99...
gardennatlanta
Grocery Store Minis
This is the first year to go through a spring with...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
supermarket mini bought on the wrong day
My apologies if this topic has been discussed before...
Jenny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™