What about Lady Meillandina / Lady Sunblaze / Peace Sunblaze

RosariumRobJune 4, 2005

I saw it at the local nursery together with it's sport, Romantique Meillandina. They both have 'English' style blooms. I like them better than formless HT miniatures the nursery also has, but how does it do in the bloom and health department?

Would it be a nice first miniature for me?

(Hot Tamale is not available in Europe, and it probably won't be for quite some time. It's too bling bling for our refined European tastes... we're still under the pastel dictatorship, although I can feel the winds of change... :-)

(BTW, what is it with those miniature names? First, there is a series of roses named Sunblaze, by Moore. Then Meilland introduces their Meillandina miniature series in the US through Conard-Pyle, and they also use the Sunblaze designation. On top of all things other hybridizers started using the Meillandina designation!! Uch, I hate irrational name giving).

Rob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldroser(z5)

These roses are hybridized for the pot plant trade - as table decorations. In this country they are grown in Canada and sold in supermarkets and box stores. They do give a lot of color but the problem is they are greenhouse forced to flower for sale and it takes them a while to recover and make new growth and flowers - if they don't croak first. They need a considerable amount of TLC to turn into good garden plants.

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 1:44AM
More Discussions
Kordana Rose
I purchased a Kordana miniature rose plant in August....
mjreis
Rooting cuttings
I have been a miniature rose lover for quite some time...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
How to deal with black spots
My mini-roses seem to be very vulnerable to black spots....
jujujojo_gw
Sport of Hot Tamale?
Hello! My Hot Tamale is new this year, own root. It...
redwolfdoc_z5
to cut the blooms or not
I got a shipment of plants in today, in 5 " pots....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™