Where to buy plumeria seeds?

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)December 30, 2005

This last year i have started several plumeria cuttings with success but now I would like to try planting seeds. Where online can I buy seeds? ebay is the only one I have heard of but is there any other online nurseries that sells them?

TIA

~SJN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wanda662(Stuart, Fl)

You can try Floridacolors or Mauiplumerianursery. Also check the exchange here!

Bookmark   December 31, 2005 at 5:27AM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

thanks I checked those two websites but they only say seedlings not seeds. I will check the exchange or maybe risk ebay.

Bookmark   January 1, 2006 at 2:10PM
hotdiggetydam

you must have a lot of time to wait t be starting from seed

Bookmark   January 1, 2006 at 9:32PM
hiway_86(z8 TX)

botanictreasures.com sells plumeria seeds. they have a bunch of different varieties

Bookmark   January 2, 2006 at 12:25AM
kasiec

Sultry - you need to check www.mauiplumeriagardens.com again. They have some really neat stuff.

Kasie

Bookmark   January 2, 2006 at 4:17PM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Hiway,
Thanks for the web addy, that is a great site.

Kasie, You're right, I did recheck that one and they do have seeds and good deals,-sorry and Thanks.

Hotdiggety,
I have started cuttings and just wanted to try my hand at plumeria seeds for something new. I know it will be a long time before I get flowers from seedlings but that is ok.

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 10:32AM
lac1361(z9a Lake Charles, LA)

Sultry,

I have several trees in dormancy with unripeded seed pods. I'll give you seeds from any of the named or unnamed trees except the seeds from Princess Victoria. Those I have to sell. Send me a PM. I'm in Lake Charles. Seed pods usually start opening in early summer.

Steve

Bookmark   January 23, 2006 at 1:56PM
otis2003(10 San Diego)

you can get plumeria seeds from plumeriaparadise.com or try the seed exchange here.

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 10:10PM
tdogdad(Zone 9)

SJN- Be careful of seeds because they often do not look like the parent. The large number of genes give rise to many variations in size. shape, smell, and color. Whites and yellows tend to be the most common seedlings. Reds and rainbows tend to have better potential. In other words you may buy an exotic seed and get a boring, little pink/white flower.
Steve- I believe the Princess Victoria is a Metari Pink that has a color break caused by a virus. The virus is carried by the cutting but I do not believe it would be in the seed. Not sure of this but some biologist would know. Bill

Bookmark   March 9, 2008 at 12:36AM
jeelli(5/6 CT)

Thompson & Morgan sells Plumeria seeds under the name Frangipani. They sell 6 seeds for 4.95. This is where I got my one and only Plumie. I'm no professional, so only one seed germinated. It's been a slow process- the plant is only 7.5" high, after almost a year. It will be a while before it's close to blooming, but somehow that doesn't bother me- growing plants from seed is therapeutic.
Good luck with your endeavors!!!

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 9:28AM
ProudMamaSD

Looking online at Florida Colors and very curious about the varied price range for seeds. I am new to this but feel like I've learned a lot from these forums. As Bill says, the flowers grown from seeds often do not resemble the parents, why pay even $5.00 for several seeds that are a crap shoot when you can buy a cutting and know what you will get?

I want to grow seeds, I am just starting and began with mature plants which have already sprouted inflos, but I want to nurse one from a seed. I guess I am wondering if there is any benefit to going onto a website, looking at the pictures and then perhaps paying more than $.89 for a seed that can look like anything. Can anyone add some insight? This addiction is taking over!

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 10:55PM
More Discussions
Plant robbers
I can't believe it! My plants are in the back yard...
angel325
I need some advice on this plumeria plant
I have this plumeria plant that I grew from seed and...
massimo
Vera Cruz Rose Leaf Curl/Black Leaf Spot Issues.
Hello Forum member's I've Noticed my VCR Leaf Start...
edzone9
James- Freak4
I was moving my starts left from last season so I could...
tdogdad
Taking A Bare Rooted Tree And Potting Into Gritty Mix
Hi Guys and Gals!! I received a Bare Rooted tree from...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Sponsored Products
Heritage Bathroom Chrome Vessel Faucet
Overstock.com
15746AZT Bronze 12.9 in Kichler 6 LED Hardscape Light with Bracket
EnvironmentalLights.com
Foscarini | Diesel Collection Pipe Medium Floor Lamp
YLighting
78" Outdoor Patio Slate Stone Mosaic Dining Table - MAPLE
Living'ROC
Old Town 10 1/2" Wide Natural Bronze Outdoor Hanging Light
Lamps Plus
White Flat Bathroom Heated Towel Radiator Rail 47.25 x 19.5
Hudson Reed
VIG Furniture - 5054 - Modern Leather Burgundy Sectional with Book...
Great Furniture Deal
Two Candle Lights Resin Antler Wall Sconces
ParrotUncle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™