Leaves turning brown and light green

amorrow(z9)July 5, 2005

Hello all,

This is the first time I have planted roses and I four minis that are doing great but I have one that the leaves are tuning light green and getting brown spots. The plant is in the ground and gets about 7 hours of sun each day. It has been been doing great up to the last week. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

I'm confused. Are the leaves turning brown or light Green. Are the spots black instead of brown?

Bookmark   July 7, 2005 at 1:50PM
Dionosaur(Z8/9 AZ)

Funny, I just came here looking for a solution to possibly the same problem. These mini roses have been in the ground for almost a year and they have bloomed really well for several months, but the blooms are dying off now. I was just outside watering and I noticed that the leaves look like they were oversprayed with gold/bronze paint. I think one of them might not get enough sun, but the other ones were doing really good and now they look like they are dying.

Hopefully someone will know what it is and how to treat it. I was considering just cutting them back really low and seeing if they come back. I'm not an expert on Roses, these are the first ones I've had.

Dion :)

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 8:46PM
Portiemom(San Diego)

I don't know what it is, but mine also got that bronze paint look; gave them a shot of fertilizer and as soon as the weather warmed up they were fine.

Bookmark   July 11, 2005 at 12:31AM
More Discussions
Source for minis
What is the current favorite source for the miniatures?...
barb_roselover_in
Size of pot
I asked this on the main Rose forum but thought I'd...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Rapid yellowing of leaves
Hi gardeners, I bought a miniature rose plant from...
Ateems
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Suggestions to plant between mini roses?
I am planting/have planted a bunch of micro minis and...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™