2 New Mini's in 1 Big Pot

kforrestJuly 26, 2009

I have 2 small band roses which I need to plant and I currently have 1 very large (24" pot) which is vacant.

Has anybody ever planted 2 mini's in 1 pot? I really do not want to go out to purchase another 2 pots when I have this one already.

What do you all think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosesnpots(z8 Tidewater area VA)

24" dia pot may be too big to start when planting roses that are currently in a band size pot. You may what to first start them off in a 1 or 2 gal pot.

Which minis do you have and how deep is the pot? As that would make a difference on if you could eventually plant them both in the same pot.

Bookmark   July 26, 2009 at 9:05PM
decobug(z6a Idaho SW)

I don't see a problem with that... I planted 6 minis in a window box and would transplant them when they got too big...

Bookmark   July 26, 2009 at 10:36PM
kforrest

I have planted my Vi's Violet and Baby Boomer together in a pot that is about 1 1/2 gallons. Just put them in yesterday, watered well. They are sitting in partial shade on the balcony. Hoping the weather here will last into Oct/Nov since we've had such a cool summer. It is Chicago though and that may just be wishful thinking but I'm hoping to get some good growth going before the frost begins.

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 4:10PM
rosesnpots(z8 Tidewater area VA)

Kforrest

Even if these are fresh out of the band pot minis, a 1 1/2 gal pot is really small for two plants. IMO, would recommend stepping up to a larger pot so they have room to grow.

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
dan_keil_cr
You have lovely collection of many types of roses....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
mini and pineapple love each other.
My pineapple houseplant was getting too big so I put...
Wild Haired Mavens
source for raplh moore/sequoia mini rose blue mist
hi, does anyone know where I can get this rose? It...
Boca_Joe(zone 7A)
Help!
I bought a mini rose for a bridal shower gift at walmart....
suyoder
Grocery store minis
Since there is no lack of posts about these little...
ziyakr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™