Has anyone ordered from Johns mini roses?

jo514July 16, 2006

I have taking the chance of ordering 6 roses from this site. I will keep you posted but was wondering if anyone else die. The mini's I have now are showing black spot and loss of leaves. I have taken away the droped leaves and raked and plucked and sprayed with baking soda, and the apple cider vinegar but leaves still turning and dropping. Any suggestions..organic

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inthegarden_k(z7 NC)

i have some mini roses from there. two have been in the ground for a few months and are blooming and lookng wonderful.

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 6:36PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

I don't know where you live, but many minis are not disease resistant and need treatment with a fungicide. I am not well-versed on organic sprays, I can only recommend that you try to find minis that are resistant.

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 2:30PM
minirosesareprecious

I have within the last three weeks ordered 4 mini roses from them. About 3 days after I placed my order, they called to inform me that 2 of the 4 were out of stock and I chose 2 others to replace them. They arrived Fed Ex or UPS and were wrapped in plastic. I watered them immediately as the instructions indicated and planted them into the ground along with my other 50+ mini bushes. They look good so far! I was so excited to buy "SI" micro mini rose because the foilage is so sweety and TINY! Hope I have luck with all my 4. I will keep you posted!

Bookmark   July 23, 2006 at 3:07AM
forget_me_not72(z7OK)

I ordered two from there: Glamour Girl and Carnival Glass. I potted them up because we are so hot and dry here in Southeastern Oklahoma it is ridiculous. They have done really well. Both have flowered and grown quite nicely. Can't wait till the weather cools a bit to order more. We are supposed to be 105 degrees today with a heat index of 110. Of all my plants, the miniature roses have done the best. I think I'm hooked !!!!

Bookmark   August 10, 2006 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
Pleased to say
On February 10th I received eight one gallon pots of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Grocery store minis
Since there is no lack of posts about these little...
ziyakr
Kroger has Mini-Floras
I had heard from some Society Members that Kroger had...
Buford_NE_GA_7A
It is perpetual
My neighbor, whom I've never met in a year even though...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
Sponsored Products
Tremble Giclee Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Viso | Bolio Table or Floor Lamp
$728.10 | YLighting
Bath Authority DreamLine Infinity-Z Frameless Sliding Shower Door (56 to 60")
Modern Bathroom
Square White Ceramic Wall Mounted Or Vessel Bathroom Sink
TheBathOutlet
Safavieh Runner Rug: Courtyard Terracotta/Natural 2' 3" x 6' 7"
$53.97 | Home Depot
Brentwood Ornate Cast Brass Chandelier with Golden Teak Majestic Wood Polished C
Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™