The Spider Mites Are Coming!

elucas101(8)December 11, 2013

This is my second winter using two 4x4 T5 lights to keep first year seedlings and a few young cuttings going through the winter. I estimate it has taken about 4 weeks for me to see signs that the spider mites are here.

The battle begins.

This year I'm much more savvy to what they do, can do, and what will most likely kill them, but it's still a battle none-the-less.

How many of you are battling the indoor grow battle?! If so, what do you have going?

I *estimate* I have 50 or so seedlings, both plumeria and desert roses.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

Hey E. I hate mites. Fortunately I havent had an issue this year. Last winter we had a bad case of white flies in the greenhouse that even spread to the veggie garden. Neem Oil seems to work great for me with the mites.

Mike

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 11:45AM
pcput

I've been battling mites,Emily ever since I brought them in. Plumerias are not too bad and like Mike Neem oil is keeping them from getting too bad. The adeniums are another story as nothing seems to be working. I've already lost all the leaves from spraying them and as soon as another leaf makes an appearance it's got webs on it. Please let there be an early spring! Peg

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 12:42PM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

E,
No mite problems seen so far. I started getting some rust on a Dwarf Deciduous White during that 10 day period where we were in the 30s. I had to keep the greenhouse buttoned up and was having condensation issues even with a large fan blowing in there.

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 9:56AM
More Discussions
Any Good Plumeria Nurserys In The Miami Area ?
Hello Gang; Will be spending next weekend in Miami...
edzone9
Bag Rooting
I have a few cuttings that I need to get going and...
plumeriai45
Siam Red Showing It Is Still Awake...
Hello Everyone!!! I just wanted to post a pic of Siam...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Waiting for spring
Most of my plants are starting to get leaves but I...
barb13_gw
My Plumeria Tree After NE Flotrida Hard Freeze .
Hello gang; This plumeria has been outside all winter...
edzone9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™