Last night - of course, chile related

kuvaszlvrSeptember 20, 2013

Last night (well, very early this morning) got back from a meeting in Houston- blech, first plane - Houston to Dallas was 30 minutes late cos of weather, we worried we might not make our Dallas to Tulsa flight. No problem, it was soon reported to be delayed 20 minutes, perfect. Flight waa supposed to leave at 8:20 finally got off the ground at 12:30am.

But, the reason I write, when we got to Hobby we decided to eat and I saw a marquee at Pappas Burgers, "Hatch Chile Burger". Could not resist, although I didn't get that one, cos it came with a fried egg on top. blech. So I got their regular Pappa cheeseburger with chopped Hatch Chiles. WONDERFUL! The thing had a ton of finally chopped chiles on top of the cheese. I would have preferred they had used some hotter chiles, but it left a subtle burn. So, if you are ever passing through Hobby this time of year, go out of your way to find Pappas Burgers and get a burger with hatch Chiles.
Pam

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandysgardens

Pam - One of my managers is based in the Houston area and fly's out of Hobby monthly and eats at Pappas Burgers off and on. I'll have to ask if he's had the 'Hatch Chile Burger' and if not I'll tell him to give it a try.

Sandy

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 7:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kuvaszlvr

Definitely! My only complaint was that they weren't hot enough, but they tasted wonderful, and they put about 1/4 cup chopped peppers on the burger... yum...
Pam

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 8:27AM
More Discussions
Need Indian or Thai hot pepper seeds
Where can I get Indian or Thai hot pepper seeds in...
jd101
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
My Carolina Reapers and Naga Viper need help!
As you can see from the pictures above each of the...
krystalpepper
Need advice on how to suspend shop lights.
So I bought the below metal shelving to house seedling...
peps_22
I made a boo boo...threw out the sinkers!!
I just had to vent somewhere I knew understands my...
beverly_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™