Sources for Miniature Roses?

alameda/zone 8September 16, 2009

Since Nor'East has ceased selling roses, I dont know where to buy the varieties they were selling. I know Rosemania sells miniatures, but I would appreciate knowing some other companies that sell miniatures. Thank you.

Judith

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lesdvs9

Burlington Rose Nursery is in Visalia and I vouch for the health of the roses and the nursery. It's growing stock constantly. Please consider it, the owner, Burling has a catalog she'd be happy to mail out to you. Info is there on her site at HMF along with her numbers she can be reached at and many of the roses available. More are available than listed and more will be available in the spring.
BTW if it helps, Burling used to work with Mr. Moore hybridizing the roses for Sequoia.
Les

Here is a link that might be useful: Burlington Rose Nursery

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 12:23PM
alameda/zone 8

Thank you - have never heard of this one, but they are delightful people - are sending me their list, answered right away. I hated that Nor'East ceased their mail order - they had so many beautiful roses that seem hard to find elsewhere. I had ordered from them for years.
Judith

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 3:26PM
rosesnpots(z8 Tidewater area VA)

Here are a couple more for you:

Two Sisters Roses
Almost Heaven Roses
John's Miniatures
Heirloom Roses
Hartwood Roses

Liz

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 6:34PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Also, Palatine Roses, Pickering Nursery and Hortico all have minis grafted on R. multiflora rootstock. The other vendors are all own-root.

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 12:14PM
alameda/zone 8

I have just ordered from Burlington Nursery. Super nice people and MANY nice roses! One.....Orange Juice - I have wanted for years and could not find - they have it! Thank you Lesdvs for turning me onto them!
Judith

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 5:12PM
petsitterbarb(Zone 6, N.E. OK)

I've been working with Burling for several months, compliling a nice fat Spring order of miniatures, climbers and shrub roses. Super great to work with, and all I've heard is raves about the quality of their roses!
Happy Autumn...
Barb

Bookmark   October 3, 2009 at 7:21PM
alameda/zone 8

Burlington Roses is just superb! I have received mine, they are great......I highly recommend them, great varieties, super service.......will sure do business with them again!!
Judith

Bookmark   October 5, 2009 at 10:55PM
wesley_butterflies(5b/6)

wow guys thanks for the mini info theres alot of em out there and the feed back is cool now I get to sort em all out thats a problem I like having thank you thank you thanks.

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 5:58PM
More Discussions
It is perpetual
My neighbor, whom I've never met in a year even though...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Miniature roses...can any1 name them...pretty please....
Hi , totally new at gardening....planted some...miniature...
sn21
Is this just transplant shock?
Hello, I got these from trader joes last week. They...
jakrat85
Size of pot
I asked this on the main Rose forum but thought I'd...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Kordana Rose
I purchased a Kordana miniature rose plant in August....
mjreis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™