Question on plumeria plant branching without flowering

arctictropical(Z4)December 9, 2010

I've got a Calcutta Star with two branches that all of a sudden branched out into six branches without flowering. All of my other plumeria have always flowering before branching. Does any one have a clue why? I have treated them all the same. Is it typical for this variety?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
konatiki

Plumerias are like a woman, beautiful, smell good, fickle, come in a bunch of sizes, do what they want when they want without reason and we can't live without them. I�m sure it�s just fine and normal. I would feel lucky to have such a wonderful thing happen.

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 3:10PM
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

konatiki, LOL! Fortunately MY woman (my wife) is not fickle, is very considerate, caring, intelligent, and very loving and I appreciate her so much!!

Anyway, artic, is this a seedling or a rooted cutting? Sometimes seedlings will put up a 'false inflo' which has no buds, but will branch. But the fact that yours had two branches already tells me it was likely a rooted cutting? If so, then I cannot explain it other than it didn't have the reserves to actually bloom yet.

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 8:41AM
arctictropical(Z4)

Dave, this is a rooted cutting. It's very interested what happens with different plants. I have a bunch of small one year old seedlings that are in bud. My most robust one year old seedling did put up a false inflo. Strange to see that the smaller plants would flower, but not the most robust one. I guess you never know what you're going to get.

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Bag Rooting
I have a few cuttings that I need to get going and...
plumeriai45
My Plumeria Tree After NE Flotrida Hard Freeze .
Hello gang; This plumeria has been outside all winter...
edzone9
@ Laura....... :P
Im cutting "Big Papi" in a couple weeks,...
plumejunkie
Plant robbers
I woke up this morning to find one of my plants, a...
gidgetsocal
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™