ID for rose that is like Dr Huey but flowers every year

sweetstarJanuary 29, 2014

Hello, I would like some help IDing this rose, I received it as a gift from my granny 7 years ago and although I thought it was a Dr Huey it's flowered every year consistently. I'm a bit worried now cos it's stems are really long so I don't know if it's a climber and how I should deal with it.... All help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

Just a guess but it looks a lot like my Blaze climber. You say it blooms every year but does it bloom more than once during the season or just one big flush in the spring and that's it for the year?

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 2:46PM
sweetstar

It blooms more than once definitely - last year it bloomed during winter (which is normal for roses in the subtropical climate I've moved to apparently) and again in November/ Spring time. I never really checked whether it was blooming twice in those times... New blooms did appear - is that not part of the 'big flush'?? Sorry, I'm really new to this whole caring for rose business ð ? Thanks for the reply! (And sorry for replying soo late).

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 11:22PM
seil zone 6b MI

In a tropical climate even once bloomers may bloom twice a year I think. Blaze is usually a once bloomer, in the spring, in my climate but it has on occasion given me an odd bloom here and there toward the end of the season. There is also one called Improved Blaze which I believe does repeat bloom through the season.

You need to have a look at this site. It's called Help Me Find Roses and it's a wonderful resource for researching roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: HMF

Bookmark   February 8, 2014 at 3:44PM
roseseek

It could easily be Blaze as well as Blaze's parent, Paul's Scarlet. Kim

Bookmark   February 15, 2014 at 1:42PM
More Discussions
Please help me ID these two floral roses
I had 2 floral roses about ten years ago. I grafted...
gardentiller
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
A single petaled coral colored rose
This bushy rose came with the house. I never paid much...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
Ebay red rose with beautiful silver-green leaves
I purchased what I thought was Olympiad on Ebay. I...
jasminerose4u, California
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™