I've been assuming this one is Peace, but...IDK. Help?

DrPekeMomJanuary 2, 2014

This old gall came with the house I bought, and she's a beauty. If I let her, she'll get as tall as me (about 6 ft), very vigorous, and stands up to everything but the bloody thrips.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

It doesn't look like it has enough yellow in it to be Peace to me. Can you give us more photos and info on it?

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 12:11PM
DrPekeMom

There's no yellow in the center, you're right.

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 2:25PM
DrPekeMom

Here's another picture of the rose so you can see its form.

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 2:26PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

could be Pristine, there are similar photos on Helpmefind.com, but mine never gets that dark pink on the edges.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pristine photos as helpmefind.com

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 10:58AM
seil zone 6b MI

Pristine is a possible. Do you know how old the rose is/ Where did you get it? There are many white blend roses that it could be and knowing more about it helps narrow it down.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 6:28PM
DrPekeMom

This rose came with my house, which is about 96 years old this year. I think the woman who planted the roses in the yard planted them at the same time, and I can see she's got Mr. Lincoln in there, along with a very pretty yellow hybrid tea and some white icebergs. So I am thinking that this rose is probably in the same vintage.

As a plant, she's very vigorous and disease hardy, and she has little scent. She'd be 8 foot tall if I let her.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 7:37PM
DrPekeMom

Oh, she's not OVERLY thorny. She's got thorn, and where she has them they are BIG HOOKED thorns, but those are few and far between.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 7:40PM
lindaleb1(6/7)

The picture in the vase looks like Peace. Peace was smuggled out of France and shipped to the Conard-Pyle Company in West Grove, PA during WWII. 'Peace' is the parent of many favorite modern roses. 'Peace' has a glossy foliage that is somewhat resistant to diseases. The children of 'Peace' have this glossy foliage. The ones I can remember right now include 'Princess of Monaco' and of course 'Chicago peace,' which is more pink. I researched the children of 'Peace' in the 90's and wrote an article, which I no longer have.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 6:44PM
More Discussions
Please help to ID this rose
I found these rose plants near my hometown and all...
neddy_nam
The name of the rose
While searching for yellow roses on Google a couple...
johnb45
Old rose ID 2
This is a climbing rose that clambers to 15 feet over...
dkelch
Pink fortuniana? White carnea? Or...?
When I was a kid in North Carolina (during the Reagan...
tdfromnc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™