Pascali??

christinmk z5b eastern WAJanuary 17, 2007

Hi guys! Im hoping you can help me with a question thats been bugging me awhile. Is this a Pascali rose? Ive seen other Pascali's and mine doesnt look like them at all. Mine has a strong fragarance, musk I believe. Mine is white with a pink blush in the center that does not fade. The rose blooms look at tad deformed as their opening, but are gorgeous when there fully open. The blooms themselves are quite shortlived. I bought the plant almost four years ago at Wal-Mart (I mean how can you pass up a $3 rose!?), the package said it was a Pascali. The plant has a lot of dead wood in the spring, which I prune back. The plant is only 2.5 ft. tall and wide. It blooms in the spring and late summer. If its not a Pascali do you know what it is? Thanks everyone!

CMK

Heres a picture

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cherriej(z5 NEPA)

I don't grow Pascali but I've seen it in other gardens. It doesn't look like any I've ever seen either.

It might be Jardins de Bagatelle. Check out it's description and photos on Help Me Find and see what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jardins de Bagatelle

Bookmark   January 19, 2007 at 12:53PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Or possibly Sheer Bliss.

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 3:47PM
christinmk z5b eastern WA

Hi! Thanks for the help cherriej and diane_nj. I googled both of the mentioned roses. Im pritty shure Jardins de bagatelle is not my rose. Sheer Bliss may be my rose, but im not positive. SB has the form, coloring, and strong sent like mine does. But I read that it is a shrub; mine has never made it past 2.5 ft. I also read that this rose is not incredibly hardy in my zone. Could this be the reason (if it is Sheer Bliss) that it is so small, and has never grown into a shrub?
CMK

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 8:46PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Yes, the zone difference may account for the size. Does it die back every year?

Bookmark   January 23, 2007 at 11:28AM
christinmk z5b eastern WA

Hi! Yes it does die back. I mulch it heavily before winter hits. It has a lot of dead on it in the spring; I have to cut half of it back. Its a prity scrawny little thing; it doesnt have a lot of foliage and I dont think ive had more than 12 blooms on it at a time. I love the scent though. Ive looked at a lot of pictures, at it does look a lot like the Sheer Bliss rose.
CMK

Bookmark   January 23, 2007 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
What rose is this on the cover of "In search of lost roses"?
I am sorry I know it is probably like looking for a...
kingcobbtx9b
Red & white striped rose
I'm trying to identify my neighbor's red & white...
weberriver
Rose Identification
Please help me id this rose. Thanks.
Bubbi01
Need to Identify This Rose!
Last summer I decided to go ahead and test this rose...
weberriver
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™