My friend's rose

katebetMarch 12, 2014

My friend moved to the Adelaide Hills and has inherited some beautiful roses - one of which is this one. I would love to be able to tell her the name of it. My beloved Nan would have been able to tell me at a glance, but she passed away three years ago and I don't have her amazing knowledge. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

Hi Kate! It would be really difficult to ID this rose from just one picture of the blooms and without having more information about it. Any information about how old it might be or when it was planted could be helpful. Also being that you are in Australia there may be many roses that would be available there that we would never have seen here in the states because of the trade problems and vice versa. There is one orange blend rose that I can think of that I believe is available there called Sheila's Perfume. That is only a wild guess though and there could be many others.

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 12:11PM
katebet

Hi Seil - thanks for the reply. I think it might be the case that it will be too difficult to identify...it kind of looks like a Peace Rose to me, but not quite...I'll ask my friend for any more info that she might have.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 9:35PM
bethnorcal9

Maybe SUNDOWNER?

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 2:02PM
melissa_thefarm(NItaly)

If the color in the photo is true, I would guess not 'Peace': there's too much brown in it. Also the form of the flowers is not overly convincing.

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 2:49AM
More Discussions
What rose is this on the cover of "In search of lost roses"?
I am sorry I know it is probably like looking for a...
kingcobbtx9b
Pink fortuniana? White carnea? Or...?
When I was a kid in North Carolina (during the Reagan...
tdfromnc
Help me ID this rose, please!
Can anyone help me find out the name of this rose?...
Anh3012
Identify Dark Red/Purple Rose
We just repotted this rose that was producing only...
msdorkgirl
old rose ID1
This rose is a low bush (to 80 cm) growing under a...
dkelch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™