ARSA mini winners 2010

wesley_butterflies(5b/6)January 7, 2010
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msm84(SoCal)

Using the "Optional Link URL" under the message box makes more sense and is greatly appreciated ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: ARS-Mini-Winner-2010

Bookmark   January 7, 2010 at 6:15PM
dan_keil_cr Keil(Illinois z5)

That link is broken

Bookmark   February 12, 2010 at 9:59PM
msm84(SoCal)

The link is not broken. They are re-doing the ARS website and not many of the links are working right now.

Below is another link for another site that shows the winners:

Here is a link that might be useful: AOE 2010 Winners

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 12:30PM
jljohnson740

Hi all...new to the mini forum! Live in Ky and last year I planted Maya..three in between my Evelyn and Iceburg. They already have green leaves and look good so far. I chose these because one of my grandchildren is named Maya. I have been trying to find one named Madeline and found a few but would appreciate any advice on where to order. One grandaughter is named Evelyn(Evie) and am wondering if I should place a small trellis on each mini..or should I just leave them alone.
Also, the flower bed needs new weed protective matting and I'm not sure if that will in anyway harm the roses planted there. If I am careful around the bases will that be okay? I really have no choice as the weed killers fail to do the job usually. It isn't a large bed and is beside the front porch. New at most of this and just started planting about 2 summers ago. So far my Austins are doing great! At present there is mulch around each bush.Do I wait to fertilize until after the first flush?
I'm interested in finding an Alexander also(grandson) but do not think there are any in the mini roses.
Any advice on companion flowers around these roses would be appreciated also. Last year I planted a bluish purple bush..2 of them and now I can't remember the name of it but saw it on the rose forum as being a great bush for a companion to roses. It grows along the ground and blooms constantly..however..quite small so far.
Thanks so much!

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 10:59AM
More Discussions
to cut the blooms or not
I got a shipment of plants in today, in 5 " pots....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Sport of Hot Tamale?
Hello! My Hot Tamale is new this year, own root. It...
redwolfdoc_z5
The minirose bought last Christmas
Finally some pictures with the Rhododendron. I have...
jujujojo_gw
Chamblee's
I just received my first shipment of roses ever from...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™