This week's harvest

bzzzzz7777(7A)September 13, 2012

This is a picture of most of this weeks harvest minus the monster cayennes and melrose hot that I have already seeded and chopped. There are 7-pot, bhut jolokia, yellow and red devil's tongue, caribbean red habs, orange habs, chocolate habs, aji limon, cito, tree habs (made it to 10 foot in one season), bird's eye, thai, door knob, pumpkin pepper, and bulgarian carrots.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ottawapepper

That's a nice variety of peppers and beautiful harvest shot. Nice job!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 4:55PM
tsheets(5)

Man, that's a lot of variety! Great harvest!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 7:01PM
bzzzzz7777(7A)

Thanks, I like the super hots but I also like the medium ones as well. I am already excited about next season as I am adding chocolate bhuts, purple habs, bishops crown, and trinidad butch-t to the variety. I also grew cherry bombs and numex twilight peppers this year.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 7:27PM
peppernovice

That's a beautiful haul you have there. I hope you have big plans for all that heat.

Tim

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 8:13PM
tsheets(5)

I have been working on expanding the variety of heat / flavor of the peppers I grow. This year I am trying Guajillo and Pasilla Bajio as lower heat seasoning peppers. Next year, I am going to try some paprika style peppers. My normals range from Big Jim and Poblano up to Hab / Chocolate Hab range. I am also growing a couple 7pot plants because they look really cool / mean. I have no idea what I'll do with something that hot! LOL Variety is good!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 8:18PM
bzzzzz7777(7A)

I made some teriyaki sauce and simmered it with some 7-pot peppers in it and then I canned it in pint jars with a pepper in each jar. I also like to make a sauce with pineapple, kiwi, mango, coriander, cinnamon, and about 10 super hots (I have used ghost peppers and 7-pots). I also smoked some apples and onions and a basket full of peppers similar to the picture above and added brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, and a few spices. This made a very good and smokey sauce...makes everything taste like it came right off the grill.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 8:52PM
More Discussions
Labeling seed germination trays
Just finally getting around to seeding this weekend....
brian6464
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
When To Plant Out ---2015
When To Plant Out ? By that I am not looking for a...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Cotton bugs (?) with pictures.
I planted a jolokia back in October from a seed. It...
Anthony Pomerinke
Hate the new layout
How about you? Usually, I don't care, but this blows. Kevin...
woohooman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™