florist's rose-white blending to pink blending to green

acsparlingMarch 19, 2007

I received the most stunning cut rose blossom as a gift, and would love to identify it. I am a layman, so please bear with me: the petals are very light pink at the base, edged with a darker pink and the outermost petals are a soft lime green. Viewed from the bottom, the rose looks green (you can't see any pink petals). The form is a beautiful spiral center and the peals are slightly "ruffled". There is almost no fragarance. The leaves are medium to small dark green, and there were no thorns on the stem (alhthough maybe they were just removed). These exquisite blossoms look like porcelin, and I would love to know the name of the rose. Thank you for any thoughts any of you may have.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Well, from Eufloria, maybe Ballet or Esperance (let the page load for a few seconds, then roll your cursor over the name of the rose to see the photo). I think Esperance might be it, try the photo here at Equiflor - Rio Roses (select "Esperance" from the pull-down menu). A few more searches find Marrakesh as a possibility.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 7:34PM
acsparling

Diane, thank you so much! It is absolutely "Esperance"--and I am so impressed that you knew that! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Best,
Alexandra

Bookmark   March 20, 2007 at 8:53PM
theroselvr

I'm impressed too!

I've been seeing this one at the supermarket too, and when I saw Esperance, it looked like a match to me.

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 8:30AM
diane_nj 6b/7a

If you only knew how much time I spend standing in front of the flower case at the supermarket... Sue (roselvr) knows how nutty I am! ;-))

You're welcome! Glad that I could help!

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
IDing some Austins for me
Hi All, I purchased a few of these Austin's from Cool...
SoFL Rose z10
The name of the rose
While searching for yellow roses on Google a couple...
johnb45
What rose is this on the cover of "In search of lost roses"?
I am sorry I know it is probably like looking for a...
kingcobbtx9b
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
Is this Maggie (1900) or Magenta Kordes (1954)
I lost the tag to this rose but I remember it either...
caflowerluver
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™