Blackspot Resistant Mini Suggesstions...

TNY78(7a-East TN)November 29, 2011

I am placing an order with Heirloom because they have a couple of David Austins that I've been wanting, and while I'm ordering, I think I may add a couple of minis to fill in around my HTs. Most of the minis that I currently have, I've had BS problems with (really the only disease issue I have with any of my roses). Does anyone have any suggestions for BS resistant minis or minifloras that stay under 2ft?

Thanks!

~Tammy

Here is the link to what mini's are sold by Heirloom :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Heirloom's minis

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseseek

Hi Tammy, of course your mileage will likely vary, but when I polled people I trusted for their selection of highly disease resistant minis for me to use for breeding, Cal Poly, Cinderella and Popcorn were the three unanimous choices on all lists. Black spot was the prime issue I inquired about. Pacific Serenade has a very good reputation from what I've read for resistance, too. Several friends rave about Yantai and Gizmo for their general good health and lack of foliage issues. To those, from what is on their list, I grow several Tom Thumb I use for breeding and in my climate, they are totally healthy. Kim

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 7:01PM
TNY78(7a-East TN)

Thanks Kim! You've been helpful as always :) I was eyeing Cal-Poly and Gizmo so I think I may try those two. I saw Gizmo in the UT Rose Garden and it looked very good...but I assume they also spray, which I can't say I do very often.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 12:19PM
roseseek

You're welcome Tammy. As I said, your mileage will likely vary due to totally different climate and which strain of black spot you have. Not all are as resistant to each strain, so that makes a world of difference. Gizmo is very well known for good health, so it should be fairly safe. Cal Poly is surprisingly resistant to b.s. in my opinion. There are several other Moore yellows which are much more susceptible. If you can find it, also try Pink Petticoat as it has been quite healthy, too. It's another which held high ranks on all the suggestion lists. One which keeps attracting my eye is Behold. Kim

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 12:38PM
seil zone 6b MI

Cinderella is very clean for me but she's in a hanging basket up and away from the other roses.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
Pleased to say
On February 10th I received eight one gallon pots of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
What's wrong with this little miniature rose plant??
Hi all, My mom got this for me up in Sonoma around...
a_shau
It is perpetual
My neighbor, whom I've never met in a year even though...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Miniature roses...can any1 name them...pretty please....
Hi , totally new at gardening....planted some...miniature...
sn21
Kordana Rose
I purchased a Kordana miniature rose plant in August....
mjreis
Sponsored Products
Mini Star Chrome Six-Light Bath Fixture with Royal Cut Topaz Brown and Clear Cry
$900.00 | Bellacor
Capital Lighting Restoration-Vintage Mini Pendant
1800Lighting
Safavieh Lyndhurst Tabriz Red/ Ivory Rug (2'3 x 12')
Overstock.com
Whimsical Reindeer Figure
Grandin Road
Tres Chic Occasional Table, Patio Furniture
$899.00 | FRONTGATE
Allegro Counter Stool
Design Within Reach
Luceplan | Costanza Suspension Lamp
$392.00 | YLighting
Hathaway 6 ft. Midtown Air Hockey Table - BG1037
$419.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™