'Pink Above All' Miniature Climber

ohsusannahNovember 20, 2006

I just made an impulse purchase of two of these and I'm really excited to get them. Before I plant them on my picket fence I would appreciate hearing of someone else's experience with this rose.

I am also wondering if I should wait until Spring before I plant them in the ground.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lesdvs9

sorry, I haven't any experience with this particular climber and not in your zone. But, what is your weather like at this time of year? Still nice? Any frosts coming up? you can aso check around and do some searches on past threads, wish I had an answer for you....more activity than usual on the mini forum maybe someone in your zone will help your out and answer. Good luck to you, I love climbing roses. Leslie

Bookmark   November 21, 2006 at 3:50PM
ohsusannah

Leslie, thanks for the response. Our first frost is late this year and there isn't one in the forecast yet. We've had beautiful autumn days with highs in the 60's & 70's and lows in the upper 30's. I was just wishing our weather would stay a little warmer so I'm sure I would be envious of your weather and longer growing season.

I've already ordered two of these roses from Nor'East Miniature Roses, so it's too late to change my mind. It's a new rose and Nor'East was the only source I found for it. I have quite a few roses, but I'm not experienced with minis so thought someone might give me advice about planting etc. I'm mostly concerned about whether to go ahead and plant it in the ground with plenty of mulch or overwinter it in a pot. Susan

Bookmark   November 21, 2006 at 9:03PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Susan, treat it like any other own-root rose that you would purchase this time of year. You should have no problem in your zone planting it in the ground now, but there is no harm in overwintering it in a pot. Your choice.

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 9:12AM
More Discussions
Source for minis
What is the current favorite source for the miniatures?...
barb_roselover_in
Trouble with Minis
Hi Guys, I am desperately trying to figure out what...
SoFL Rose z10
Help!
I bought a mini rose for a bridal shower gift at walmart....
suyoder
Grocery Store Minis
This is the first year to go through a spring with...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Kordana Rose
I purchased a Kordana miniature rose plant in August....
mjreis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™