Just because it's cold out...

and roses are purrr-ty

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petaloid(SoCal 10a/24)

Precious kitty cat ...

Bookmark   December 16, 2006 at 5:33PM
lesdvs9

What's he/she watching up in the rose bush? He looks pretty intent on whatever is in it:) Pretty cat, I have a dark grey one, I can't see him in the shadows at night in the house, I'm always stepping on him, if he'd just not lay in the middle of the hall at night! Leslie

Bookmark   December 16, 2006 at 11:43PM
mandi_s1

She was getting ready to chomp the leaf! I had to quick clap at her after I snapped the pic to get her to stop in her tracks! The houseplants are kept up out of her reach, so it was one of those hmmmmm whats this... is it delicious? Upon which I snapped the pic and got in with the 'no' before she did any damage! lol.

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 8:16AM
lesdvs9

That is pretty funny apparently it appeals to her, they're supposed to like and need green stuff in their diet. I even bought mine some green kitty grass at the pet store. That was a waste of money. In the mtns they used to eat wild grass, here in the valley not sure where they're getting it. They leave the houseplants alone but that one gray cat does snack on the purple ornamental grass outside. I had to take him to the vet $150 visit because he cut his eye with a blade. The most they do otherwise to the roses is use the mini rose bed for a litter box. I'm still waiting for some kitty stakes to come that I ordered:) I wouldn't mind except they're always covering over or uncovering a rose bush.

That was an excellent cat photo though, typical of how intently they watch just before they pounce:) And, very nice healthy, looking mini rose:) Leslie

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
Big Pots
Last evening my husband came home with some pots he...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Source for minis
What is the current favorite source for the miniatures?...
barb_roselover_in
Rooting cuttings
I have been a miniature rose lover for quite some time...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Size of pot
I asked this on the main Rose forum but thought I'd...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
to cut the blooms or not
I got a shipment of plants in today, in 5 " pots....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™