inside of bud's petals Browning?

minibot(z9bNorCA Sz16)December 23, 2005

Heya, I've had problems with certain single petals in the center of my Scentsational going brown, not all of them just a couple inside ones. It's potted in about a 10" pot, and has been that way for two months. Unfortunately I don't know if I used the Osmocote on it, because I potted them all up the same day, and I forgot with a couple, and didn't mark them.

I'm new to growing roses and wondered if there was a reason for it? I have sprayed them with greenlight's rose spray for pests. I can't tell what the problem might be. They've had enough water and they look healthy otherwise. The blossoms are also shattering really fast and not quite opening fully. Is it all of the rain?

thanks for your advice!

minibot

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

Are the petals totally brown? If so then it could be rain (or too much water). Thrips will turn inside petals tan as they feed, but it is unusual for thrips damage to be confined to just one or two petals inside the center, especially if the entire petal is brown.

Bookmark   December 23, 2005 at 6:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minibot(z9bNorCA Sz16)

It's like random petals on the inside and I'm trying to remember if it was the whole petal, but I think it was partial petals in a vertical kind of occurance. ie one whole side of the petal is brown, like it has rotted, but the rest is just kind of weak and blows easily. I'm guessing too much water...maybe I need to raise the pots so the water drains better?

minibot

Bookmark   December 23, 2005 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
Suggestions to plant between mini roses?
I am planting/have planted a bunch of micro minis and...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
supermarket mini bought on the wrong day
My apologies if this topic has been discussed before...
Jenny
Source for minis
What is the current favorite source for the miniatures?...
barb_roselover_in
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™