Is this Duchesse de Rohan?

kittymoonbeamApril 12, 2013

I'm trying to narrow down the possibilities. This is a rose that was sent by mistake but being a band, it took a while to see what it was. It grows very fast although not too tall and spreads by growing thin canes and getting wider every year. It flowers in spring with my Bourbons. The flowers are about the same size or larger than a large Reine Victoria and not as large as Madame Issac P. or La Reine.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kittymoonbeam

Not many thorns but not completely smooth

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 8:41PM
kittymoonbeam

The canes look smooth until you get up close and you see the itty bitty prickles. Old dried petals seem to hang on.

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 8:45PM
petaloid(SoCal 10a/24)

Those are great photos, and I'm thinking you might have good luck for an ID on the Antique Roses forum, if you haven't already posted there.

Where did you get it?

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 8:01PM
trospero(8)

If it does not rebloom on and off through the entire growing season, then its not 'Duchesse de Rohan', no.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 1:02PM
kittymoonbeam

trospero, I did think of that, but then my other bourbons and Hps are not giving any bloom until maybe a few in the fall. Comte de Chambord, La Reine, Baronne Prevost and Madame Issac P are the only ones to do much repeating for me. It's the same story with my tall DAs like Kathryn Morley. I'm not upset about it and I'm actually grateful to have them growing and blooming without getting blackspot but I do think my mild, dry climate tinkers with the rebloom on these kinds of roses.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:06AM
More Discussions
Rose Identification
Please help me id this rose. Thanks.
Bubbi01
Red & white striped rose
I'm trying to identify my neighbor's red & white...
weberriver
Is this Maggie (1900) or Magenta Kordes (1954)
I lost the tag to this rose but I remember it either...
caflowerluver
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™