Help!

djinn44April 24, 2014

Ok, I bought several roses a a few years ago to make the front of the house look nicer. At the time, I didn't know anything about them and apparently I bought a few that are VERY susceptible to disease. This year I am cutting my losses with those disease prone ones and replacing them. I would like to replace it white the same kind that sits next to them., but I didn't save the identification tag and I have no idea what it is :( last year (it's second year and first full summer) the rose in question grew to a solid 6' tall and had stems on t that looked like small trees. It puts out large bright red buds that open and still maintain a cup shape. I know it is a hybrid tea and I thought it might be a mister lincoln but the people at the nursery looked at the attached picture and said that they didn't think it was because it was to bright.

If anyone can help me identify this plant I would be very appreciative. If there is any additional information I can add, please let me know and I'll do my best.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden2garden(z8 FL)

I don't know if that's it or not, but the color reminds me of a rose I had a few years ago called Hot 'n' Spicy.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 11:20PM
djinn44

This is what it looks like when the buds open all the way. Sorry it's not a better picture.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 11:48PM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

It doesn't look near so orange as the first pic. I don't believe it's Hot 'n' Spicy, like I first thought, that was very red-orange. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hope you find the name, it sure looks happy in your yard

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 12:34AM
djinn44

Thank you for your help. The first picture was taken on an overcast day with a really good camera. The second is a much more accurate depiction of its color.

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 10:05AM
redribbons

Is it very fragrant? It could be fragrant cloud.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 6:10PM
djinn44

It is fragrant. I actually think i find out what it was. I think it is the hybrid tea Mirandy. I was helping my neighbor burn some branches from a tree that was cut down and in the diet I find an old rose tag for mirandy. I'm the only one in the neighborhood that grows teas so this must me it.
The real kicker is the tag has survived two years of weather and several LARGE fires.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 3:30PM
More Discussions
help, is this twilight zone?
It doesn't look like the twilight zone on the website...
msdorkgirl
Amazing Rose...name?
Hey Y'all! I found this amazing rose I don't know the...
thelarkascending
Pink/Yellow Blend?
This was a rescue plant, so don't know what the name...
msdorkgirl
Old rose ID 2
This is a climbing rose that clambers to 15 feet over...
dkelch
Need to Identify This Rose!
Last summer I decided to go ahead and test this rose...
weberriver
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™