skybird plant ?

ginnytrcka(z5 CO)May 25, 2014

My son picked up a plant in the free for all and it is obviously a skybird plant, but no pink tag. Must have fallen off in the melee. On the side it is marked Golost. or Gocost.

If anyone knows what this is, please let me know so I can figure out where to put it.

Thanks to everyone for digging, potting, seeding, etc such beautiful plants for us to try!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

Hi Ginny,

I couldn't figure out what you had when I first looked at this! When I'm planting them I just sort of quickly scrawl an ID on the pots so I'll have some idea what it is if something starts to die or something, but after looking at it for a minute I think it must be a 'Goldsturm' you have! (if there's a date on the pot, that's when I planted it!)

Here's a pic I took of one of the flats of my swap plants before the swap--I cropped it real close to show the Rudbeckia fulgida, so you should be able to figure out if this is it or not! (see the text on the photo! Click for bigger pic!)

It that's what it is, here's the info:

Rudbeckia fulgida âÂÂGoldsturmâÂÂ, Black Eyed Susan - 28" X 18" - Full sun - gold with brown center - Jul-Sep - z4
Reliably hardy. Attracts butterflies.

Hope this helps! If it's not the Rudbeckia, post a pic and I'll try to figure it out!

Skybird

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 4:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginnytrcka(z5 CO)

Yes, that's it. Thank you! Now I know the perfect spot for it and how to id it while small.

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 8:15AM
More Discussions
RMG - How do I do it -- Where do I find it thread!
Hi all, I just thought I'd start a thread here for...
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
What are Your Plans
... for the yard and garden, this year? Zach has some...
digit
What did You Prepare and Eat from the Garden, Today?
A mix of Soldier and Jacob's Cattle beans with onions,...
digit
Holly, potatoes!
I tried to send you an email but apparently the mobile...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
When should I begin pruning last year's perennials?
Hello, all. I'm wondering when is the best time to...
robin44444
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™