Inherited Rambler - Pale Pink - June flowering

nicoleternity(6a)May 19, 2012

Hi folks,

I have a June (like June 1st, esp this warm/early year!) flowering rambler (or climber? I think rambler it only blooms once) that is on the south side of my yard. It was here when I moved in and I'm very glad.

*I posted about this rose in the main rose forum with questions about pruning, but realized there is a name-that-plant just for roses, so I'm posting just about identifying it here.*

It has medium green foliage (not super dark and glossy like some), and pale pink fully double (I think?) blooms. It has many long stems (now) fanned out. It has a fairly strong I would say damask smell, though I'm not an expert. It is full in habit as I am training it horizontally along the fence, but it is NOT one of those incredibly exuberant fluffy types, it's more of several trailing nicely blooming canes than a huge mass.

It seems very vigorous as this house was rented and then foreclosed for years before we bought it and everything but the hostas, poppies, and this rosebush were dead.

I have this photo from last year of the blooms but it's very low res I know.

I wonder if anyone can direct me toward a place to look, or help me narrow down what this might be -- even confirm that it might be a rambler vs. a climber...

Thanks in advance - and if this gets nowhere I will post in a few weeks when it blooms!

Nicole

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

If you could post more pictures of it blooming in June it would be helpful. Sots of the buds and all stages of the bloom and of the leaves, canes and full plant. There are a lot of old pink ramblers it could be.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
IDing some Austins for me
Hi All, I purchased a few of these Austin's from Cool...
SoFL Rose z10
Old rose ID 2
This is a climbing rose that clambers to 15 feet over...
dkelch
old rose ID1
This rose is a low bush (to 80 cm) growing under a...
dkelch
Tall deep pink rose ID
This rose was planted by the previous owner, probably...
BarbJP CA 15-16/9B
Sponsored Products
RION Furniture - Watson Dresser in Pale - GDRE159P
Great Furniture Deal
Hard Candy Planter
$26.99 | Dot & Bo
Tom Dixon | Lustre Light - Round Pendant Light
YLiving.com
Standard Furniture Bubblegum 4 Piece Sleigh Bedroom Set in White & Pink
Beyond Stores
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Bath Rug: Accent Rug: Garland Rugs Jazz Pink 30 in.
$34.97 | Home Depot
Missoni Home | Olvera Outdoor Pouf Bag
YLiving.com
June Table Lamp
Lightology
22" LED Grand Piano Lamp - Black/Satin Nickel Accents
$228.00 | Cocoweb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™