ID needed please

sandyl(Zone 6B -7)May 11, 2011

I received this rose at a plant swap 3 years ago and I don't know its name. I have it in a large 20 gal pot and its really doing well. This year is its leap year and its full of bloom buds. Any information would be greatly appreicated. The blooms are deep red and are very small.

Picture # 2

Picture #3

Full of buds..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TNY78(7a-East TN)

Small bloom size and the large number of blooms makes me think it is a polyantha...but there's not a lot of true red polyanthas...maybe "superb" which is a red semi-doubnle polyantha...

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 1:38AM
brenda_c(Hugo, Okla. 7b)

Hi Sandy I don't know the name of your rose but I was just wondering do you have any cuttings or rooted plants of your NOID rose to trade? Please let me know. Thanks Brenda

Bookmark   May 13, 2011 at 10:25AM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

I saw a rose plant that looked a lot like this in the garden center at Lowe's today. It was either a 'Flower Carpet' or 'Drift' rose.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 10:47PM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

I discovered the name of my little unknow rose! She is Scarlet Meidiland. Brenda, I don't have any rooting from my little rose. I don't have any luck with that stuff.
Here is a link to her information.. http://members.fortunecity.com/cnetter/rose_tour/smeidiland.html

Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 10:23AM
More Discussions
Unknown Week's rose
Just bought this from a nursery that sells no tag roses....
kublakan
Three many petalled roses: yellow and pink/apricot - lots of pics
Hello! First let me tell you that I am not at all aware...
karatepop
Please help to ID this rose
I found these rose plants near my hometown and all...
neddy_nam
Amazing Rose...name?
Hey Y'all! I found this amazing rose I don't know the...
thelarkascending
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™