ID for this sad little rose

weberriverMay 28, 2014

This poor rosebush has been eaten alive; I almost didn't even notice it was in the garden til I saw its one lone bloom. Shame, too, since it's a lovely little flower. Any ideas what kind it could be?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weberriver

Bloom:

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 3:07PM
vmr423

If it weren't such a small bloom, I'd guess 'Peace' rose. I don't know if 'Peace' has a cousin with a smaller bloom, or if an undernourished 'Peace' might put out smaller flowers?

Good luck!

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 12:23PM
weberriver

Lol, we actually have a Peace rosebush, just a few feet away from this one, actually. And it's really thriving, so probably not.

It might help to mention that when this rose was still a bud, it was vividly orange intermixed with yellow? More orange than the mature bloom would suggest.

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 1:08PM
vmr423

In what part of the country is this rose trying to survive? Do you think it may have just been zapped by the unusually cold winter, and is not really at its best quite yet?

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 8:22PM
weberriver

Northern Utah. And yeah, that could be.

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 12:41AM
lelamsk(9a)

I have a raised bed, I call the rose hospital. It is for all those roses I find that are trying to make it but or having a hard time. I also use it in the fall for some rooting some cuttings or branches that have been accidentally pruned. I think I would put this little guy in the rose hospital for a couple of months and maybe you will have another Peace, which is always a joy. I had a "Peace Rose" once that had one flower that was half pink and exactly 1/2 of the bloom was yellow. So you just never know. Hope it is just Peach that just need some special care.

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 1:52AM
More Discussions
Rose Identification
Please help me id this rose. Thanks.
Bubbi01
Large fragrant apricot rose ID.
I'm trying to ID this apricot rose that came with my...
fireballsocal
identify this amazing rose for me please!!!
Hello I woiuld greatly appreciate if any of you could...
lcadem
Please help to ID this rose
I found these rose plants near my hometown and all...
neddy_nam
A single petaled coral colored rose
This bushy rose came with the house. I never paid much...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™