Burnaby lake mini-roses?

kayssims(7)May 31, 2005

Does anyone know anything about the mini-roses 'Burnaby Lake Greenhouses' up in Canada breed? I got a pot with a '6" Mini-Rose Hit-Series', and I've been unable to find /any/ information on it 'cept what the label says.

The label says it should be kept in a bright/sunny spot, 16-21 degrees C, fertilize each month and to keep the soil moist. *slaps forehead*

There's no information on if its susceptible to any particular variety of disease, if its hardy, etc, etc. Anyone know? It's a pretty pale yellow rose, though the grocery store I got it from have apparently been doing a Darwinian test on it and its siblings. ;)

It's extraordinarily lacking in thorns, only a few (long and thin) ones on the main stems. No prickliness at all along the leaves or anything.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

It's probably a rose from Poulsen, they have the "PatioHit" series. I don't know that they are any more disease resistant than other minis (which means it probably will need spraying for black spot), but they are bred to have a lot of blooms. Plant it outside, please, it's not a house plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Patio Hit Series from Poulsen Roses

Bookmark   June 1, 2005 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Amazing Rose...name?
Hey Y'all! I found this amazing rose I don't know the...
thelarkascending
identify this amazing rose for me please!!!
Hello I woiuld greatly appreciate if any of you could...
lcadem
Pink/Yellow Blend?
This was a rescue plant, so don't know what the name...
msdorkgirl
What rose is this on the cover of "In search of lost roses"?
I am sorry I know it is probably like looking for a...
kingcobbtx9b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™