ID pink climbing? rose

contowi5(z5 WI)May 27, 2005

I think this rose is a climber. I used to have lilacs over the fence and it was growing all in there and blooming. It seems to have suckers every year. This is only the second year I have been living at this house. It was here when I moved in. It seems to bloom once in spring, but I'm not sure if it would bloom again if properly cared for. I would like to ID this rose so I can care for it better. I am a total novice. This is only my third year of gardening all together, so any help would be appreciated.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
contowi5(z5 WI)

Someone emailed suggesting that this could be a Banshee. She wasn't 100% sure because my picture was dark. Is there any thing special I should look for to rule out or in this species? It seems to have most of the characteristics listed on helpmefind.com. I won't be totally sure about the stronger fragrance until it blooms again in late June. Also, I don't think it was quite as light colored as in some of the pics but I read on some of the sites that sell this rose that it comes in different shades.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Banshee page on HelpMeFind

Bookmark   June 1, 2005 at 11:53PM
cecilia_md7a(7a/Baltimore,MD)

The buds in your photo don't look like Banshee's buds to me. They don't have the long, fringed sepals that Banshee has. Unless I just can't see them because the photo is dark.

Right now I have two mystery roses from two different sources blooming in my garden that I think might BOTH be Banshee.

Bookmark   June 2, 2005 at 11:47AM
nrynes(6/CO)

Paul Barden has an article on his website about Banshee...might be helpful for you:

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/main_dec.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul Barden and Banshee Article

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
What rose is this on the cover of "In search of lost roses"?
I am sorry I know it is probably like looking for a...
kingcobbtx9b
Large fragrant apricot rose ID.
I'm trying to ID this apricot rose that came with my...
fireballsocal
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
Identify Dark Red/Purple Rose
We just repotted this rose that was producing only...
msdorkgirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™