Leaves of Roses with yellow spots and turning yellow

kamtchaskyJune 3, 2009

Hello,

I am new to this forum and also a novice gardener and look forward to your wisdom and help here.

The leaves of my roses are turning yellow and then brown... It all starts with yellow dots on the leaves, and then eventually the entire leave is yellow and then turns brown. I am not sure what the diagnostic is here. Earlier in the season, I had aphids and I treated the roses for that, this time around, I do not see much insects.

I've included a short video on the link to show what it is for your reference: http://sharing.theflip.com/session/c559556fbc1e2950957c6d037e71e0b4/video/4388130

I'd appreciate any suggestions here on how to treat those roses.

Thank you for your help,

Tomas

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

What did you use for the Aphids?
Leaves turn yellow, exhibit chlorosis, for many reasons and sometimes people spray inappropriate things on plants to eliminate Aphids that cause the plants leaves to die, which yours are doing. If something was sprayed on those leaves that restricted that leafs ability to breath or photosynthesize the plant will cut off nutrient flow to that leaf and it will die.

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 8:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sonya_riggenbach_yahoo_com

My leaves have not been sprayed yet this season and I also am starting to get yellow spots but have had this last season and sprayed it withOrtho garden disease.

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
just checking in
Hi Strawberry and Jim~ Happy New Year! My little jewelry...
enchantedrose
Rose gardens & bouquets of organic roses
I start this thread to post pics. of rose gardens,...
strawchicago 5a IL
Container Roses grown organically
Hello, let me first say I am in awe of all the beautiful...
krikit
Reblooming, Fragrant, Disease Resistant Climbers?
I'm trying to find this for an arch so 10-12'. I have...
treehugger101
Liquid Iron
The soil in my garden started out pretty much clay....
nicholas.delo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™