RB Gone and chinese rose beetle

mauirose(11)July 11, 2007

RBGone is a beetle trap sold by some folks on the Big Island who claim it is effective against chinese rose beetle? anyone have any experience with this? They use it in a young fruit tree orchard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karin_gardener

Wondering about the beetle trap as well. Anyone used it?

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 9:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mauirose(11)

Karen-I trialed a homemade version before purchasing one-stuck the HD solar light they recommend through a bundt pan with some soapy water in it. Caught a few beetles but not in significant numbers. Might have been slightly more effective with a larger pan underneath because the flanges on the lights slope outwards and down but only slightly. Tried a different solar light with smooth sides without much difference. I spend a few evenings hand picking and didn't see very many beetles even attracked to the light which i see as the biggest problem with this trap.

All very disappointing to me after reading the website claims. Suprising too since they seem to be nice, sincere folks.

Also tried putting the solar lights right next to the rose bush to keep the beetles away since they are purported to be attracked to light but prefer to land and feed in the dark. Didn't work for me either way.

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
FRAGRANT Roses! Hoping to find the perfect one for my yard
And I think I've come to the perfect place (I see you...
alioca
Homemade Insecticidal Soap Formula
Today I visited John Starnes' blog: Rosegasms And I...
sandandsun
Your holiday goals & losing weight & living healthy
Jim and I will be regulars in this forum, since we...
strawchicago 5a IL
2015 Seed Selection
Ace Hardware called me when their Botanical Interests...
damask55linen
Products & recipes that you love & roses that give joy: Part I
Since the other thread got too long, I start a new...
strawchicago 5a IL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™