maybe Cecile Brunner bush?

kutekaosJune 5, 2013

This rose came with my house and they could not remember what the name is. The rose is about 8 years old and I have had it for almost a year. It hasn't grown much since I've owned it. It reminds me of Cecile Brunner but it doesn't have much scent. Usually no scent at all. It's also extremely thorny. Please help:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kutekaos

Here is another picture.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 4:04PM
kutekaos

A picture of the rose before the color fades.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 4:16PM
kutekaos

Here, more pictures.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 4:18PM
seil zone 6b MI

The second photo does look like Cecile but then that bud one looks a little too pink so I don't know.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 11:33AM
kutekaos

It's in part shade, maybe that would make enough difference? The flower doesn't really get that pink.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 11:36AM
SoFL Rose z10

The flowers look to large and too deep pink to be Cecile Brunner i think. Cecile has very light pink very small tiny roses that open up to a pompom shape practically over night (the roses are usually found wide open on it, see pic). She also has a peppery fragrance and a light one at that. Her leaves are also very small. She looks like a miniature rose that just grew big but kept her small blooms and leaves. This plant almost looks like a miniflora with its leaf and bloom size. She's too big to be a mini and too small to be a regular sized rose bush don't you think?

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 12:07PM
kutekaos

I agree with you about Cecile Brunner, I have the climbing version in my yard too. I am no rose expert, I've been collecting roses since January. This one came with the house I bought. I don't know how tall a regular rose bush should be. I'm pretty sure I'll be overrun with roses by the time mine all reach full potential. That picture definitely doesn't look like this one. She lightens with the sun, the flowers turn white, light pink.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 7:01PM
kutekaos

Here is a good reference for height. My daughter is 44inches tall. The bush is almost as tall her.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 7:08PM
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Notice yours has a different flower structure and leaf than shown in the pictures of 'Mme. Cecile Brunner'. To be that one it has to have the Hybrid Tea style pointed bud opening into a muddled looking flower. There are tens of thousands of kinds, yours is just some other Polyantha or similar type - it doesn't have to be a prominent one you have heard of.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 1:30AM
kutekaos

I think it would be all the more wonderful if it was a lesser known rose. Bboy, would you happen to have a guess of what kind this is? Polyantha for sure?
Thanks,
L'Origan

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 11:53AM
More Discussions
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
Help me Id rose from great-great-grandma
There is a row of three rose plants that have been...
Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
old rose ID1
This rose is a low bush (to 80 cm) growing under a...
dkelch
Need to Identify This Rose!
Last summer I decided to go ahead and test this rose...
weberriver
Sponsored Products
Davenport Hugger Ceiling Fan by Quorum International
$306.00 | Lumens
48" Bangkok Bamboo Vanity for Semi-Recessed Sink
Signature Hardware
52" Fanimation Windpointe Antique Brass 5-Blade Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Flower Pedals Plant Stand
$99.99 | Dot & Bo
P5713-31: Black Two-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern
$96.66 | Bellacor