Please help me

DraneorJune 14, 2005

Hi,

I would appreciate any insight that anyone could give me to the name of this rose. I received a cutting of it from my great aunt who lives in North Carolina. I know that it was used by my mother's grandmother for floral arrangements during the sixties (she was a florist). It seems to thrives and bloom in nearly full shade and it also stays true to cutting. IÂm pretty sure it is some type of miniature, climbing rose. The rose grows quite fast and has this season grown eight feet in three months. I have never seen any pests or diseases bother it. The blooms are a light pink and carry some fragrance. As this rose has some family history, I would be most appreciative to know what kind it is. Thank you for your time.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Alethia/Rose2.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanjane(z7 NW GA)

It looks exactly like my 'Perle d' Or'. This would be used by florists for bouttineir's for men's lapels, and maybe other arrangements. It is a wonderful fragrant small rose. What size is your bloom? P d O has a very small bloom, maybe 1 and 1/2 inch. I am adding a photo, hope it comes thru.
Susan in N. Ga.

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 5:08PM
Draneor

Yes, I think that is it. Thank you very much. The blooms are about an inch wide. Although, it seems to be more of a climber than a bush for me. Thank you again.

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 8:20PM
susanjane(z7 NW GA)

I am not sure if there is a climbing Perle d' Or, but there is a climbing Cecile Brunner. CB looks very much like Perle d' Or, so maybe yours rose is a Cecile. I would do some research on both roses, maybe at the Helpmefind Roses site. I really think your rose is one of these two. Perle'd Or is slightly apricot-pink and CB is a more true pink, but they really look alike.
Hope this helps, its nice to have a family heirloom rose.
Susan.

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 9:30PM
gardennatlanta(z7atlantaGA)

Do you know the size of the original bush? Cecile Brunner can get huge and have really thick canes when it's mature. I have friends who have one on their deck and it would have overtaken it by now if they didn't cut it way back.

Bookmark   June 17, 2005 at 5:39PM
More Discussions
Rose Identification
Please help me id this rose. Thanks.
Bubbi01
What rose is this on the cover of "In search of lost roses"?
I am sorry I know it is probably like looking for a...
kingcobbtx9b
IDing some Austins for me
Hi All, I purchased a few of these Austin's from Cool...
SoFL Rose z10
Help me ID this rose, please!
Can anyone help me find out the name of this rose?...
Anh3012
help, is this twilight zone?
It doesn't look like the twilight zone on the website...
msdorkgirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™