How hot did it get at your house today?

b2alicia(zone 5 Westminster)June 11, 2013

98 degrees here in Westminster today. ick.. a bit more than I like!
Even now at 10:30 pm, it's still 82.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

97 over here in Thornton! It's 11:20 and it's still 75 out! Thought this was supposed to be Colorado!!! The real problem is that my AC quit four years ago and it's 81 up in the bedroom--where I'm about to go! Tomorrow's supposed to be the same, but it'll wind up being even worse inside since the whole structure of the house will be more "heated up" from the last couple days.

Methinks it's gonna be a Long, Hot Summer!

Skybird

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 1:25AM
gjcore

It was 101 when I got home from work around 3pm. Thermometer is usually pretty accurate in the afternoon being on the east side of the house. It's cooled down to 98 now. Some plants looked fairly water stressed especially potatoes. Did some hand watering and turned some of the drip lines on for awhile.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 6:46PM
luckybottom

It was an even 100ú yesterday and made 104ú today. Now it is 95ú but the wind is whipping up pretty good. Just trying to keep things hydrated, plants and animals alike.

Sure better than the folks dealing with fires.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:04PM
highalttransplant(z 5 Western CO)

Yesterday it hit 96, but today it only got up to 89. The winds were pretty bad here too! 15 - 35 mph for about 8 hours straight. They are finally starting to die back now.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 10:27PM
popmama Zone 5

Too hot! I have work to do outside, but it's just too hot.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 10:57PM

WAY too hot! Waywayway too hot! I just came in from planting most of my tomatoes! It's STILL 82 out there! I'm dripping with sweat! I "think" I watered them! Not real sure since it was too dark to see anymore! Still have a couple more to do (in an area I need to turn over yet--like, yeah, I'm gonna do that when it's in the upper 90's!!!) and have the eggplants, paprika peppers and herbs to plant--never thought I'd be glad they were so small---but, oh boy, am I---no big holes to dig! Got up to "only" 98 here today, and "that bedroom" where I'll be going to sleep (?????) is 84 right now! Couple hours isn't gonna cool it down too much. Maybe I'll just lie down in the shower with the cold water running and skip the bed! And that Cold Shower is where I'm heading right now!

Stay cool, all,
Skybird

P.S. Ain't ya all glad we don't have 80% humidity with the heat?!?

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
What did You Prepare and Eat from the Garden, Today?
A mix of Soldier and Jacob's Cattle beans with onions,...
digit
E-mail tree?
So, I was thinking, after the difficulty I had getting...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
The opening bell has rung
bell peppers? No, not this year, but several hot's! We've...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
RMG - How do I do it -- Where do I find it thread!
Hi all, I just thought I'd start a thread here for...
Great Backyard Bird Count - 2015
Great Backyard Bird Count - Cornell Hi all, It’s...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™