Help with ID of (mislabled?) rose

megghinaJune 26, 2012

Hi all - I'm trying to ID this lovely rose that I bought from Lowe's a few days ago. I'm almost positive that it's a Hybrid Tea, but in color, it doesn't really match the image or description given on the label. Its flowers (open) are a beautiful dusky-pink with a slightly warm hue. The buds have a much stronger apricot-to-coral hue on the reverse side of the petals, and are lighter on the inside. It has a very weak fragrance. The label IDs it as "Just Joey," but every photo I've seen and description I've read suggests that a Joey should be more apricot/orange in appearance with a stronger fragrance.

Any ideas? Many thanks, and I hope the image helps... (It's pretty true to the actual color.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lola-lemon(5b East WA)

I find often times they've just had their lables swapped - and if you ask at the lowes you purchased it from what apricot- pink tree rose they carried, they might be able to tell you. They may still have it in stock if you go looking too. I bought a scarlet flowered clematis from lowes which had a nelly moser lable. They carried both nelly and naiobi then, so itwas obvious that i actually had naiobi.
I did buy a rose from Shopko which i think was intentionally mislabled once though. Claimed to be tamora but wasn't (i own tamora already)

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 6:24PM
seil zone 6b MI

It looks like my Koko Loco.

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 10:46AM
lola-lemon(5b East WA)

I bet Seil is right. i just noticed the apricot reverses.... Koko loco is such a wonderment.

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 1:45AM
More Discussions
Please help me ID these two floral roses
I had 2 floral roses about ten years ago. I grafted...
gardentiller
help, is this twilight zone?
It doesn't look like the twilight zone on the website...
msdorkgirl
IDing some Austins for me
Hi All, I purchased a few of these Austin's from Cool...
SoFL Rose z10
Please help identify this rose
Hello everyone, I saw a video on YouTube about roses...
jesusortiz2691
old rose ID1
This rose is a low bush (to 80 cm) growing under a...
dkelch
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™