Yellow rose identification

nineallday00June 17, 2013

hi, just wondering if you guys could ID this rose for me. Hopefully someone can do it fairly quickly because I have a bet with my boss that I can figure it out using the internet tonight faster than him asking the local rose authority tomorrow haha! Thanks here is another photo as well if that will help with the ID http://s179.photobucket.com/user/nineallday00/media/photo_zpsa4025b62.jpg.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Orgle(5b)

It looks like my Graham Thomas, but I'm not familiar with many other pure yellow roses. Mine is now open, but it looked like that a day ago.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 3:44PM
bunnicula03(z6b NJ)

It doesn't look like Graham Thomas to me. Leaf color and shape are different, as is the bloom color and shape. My Graham Thomas is not that bright of a yellow, it's softer and more subdued. Flower substance appears to be thicker in the ID rose also.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 8:40PM
AmyyUT(6)

size __" x __" ? single flowers on stem or 3? the zone the flower is in? gorgeous yellow and I'm a sucker for a good yellow but there's a lot to choose from - top 3 questions will help :-).....royal gold maybe sparkle and shine or shockwave? I think it's too full for a yellow simplicity or sunsprite..... hmmm

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 8:46PM
Orgle(5b)

@ Bunnnicula: I see what you're saying. On a larger screen now, and the petals definitely look like they're a heavier weight. The flower on the right is also curling back a little, which GT doesn't do at all.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 9:41PM
lola-lemon(5b East WA)

I think it looks like Michaelangelo. The fragrance is not particularly strong on mine, but some think it is fragrant.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 7:30PM
cjrosaphile(z8 Pacific NW)

Doesn't Michaelangelo have more petals? And are more rippled in the center?

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 2:06AM
More Discussions
old rose ID1
This rose is a low bush (to 80 cm) growing under a...
dkelch
Please help identify this rose
Hello everyone, I saw a video on YouTube about roses...
jesusortiz2691
identify this amazing rose for me please!!!
Hello I woiuld greatly appreciate if any of you could...
lcadem
Ebay red rose with beautiful silver-green leaves
I purchased what I thought was Olympiad on Ebay. I...
jasminerose4u, California
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™