Pink and Yellow Rose - Charlotte Brownell??
This rose came with the house and I would dearly love to know what it is. It is definitely older than 1990, and is probably older than 1980.
- It is a pink/yellow blend. These pics are at the pinkest end of the scale, some years the later flush is almost all yellow. Typically it is yellow at the base of the petals.
- It is my hardiest HT with protection in Zone 2b. This makes me think it might be a Sub-Zero rose.
- It is NOT Peace but has similar coloring. Has much smaller leaves and blooms. The later blooms are bigger than these though.
- I thought it could be Tiffany but it has no smell.
- The shrub is tall and straight. These pics are half-grown back from winter dieback. It gets about 2.5 to 3 feet by fall. It blooms mid-June with a few summer repeats and a second strong flush in late August.
- Medium thorniness. Thorns are distinctly pinkish/peach colored.
- The foliage starts very red and retains dark red veins and edges into maturity.
Very grateful for any comments, especially if anyone has a Charlotte Brownell to compare it to. Or if anyone thinks it's something else. If we can't figure it out I might wait for some more typical yellower blooms. Thanks!