ok, let's try this again...can anyone help me id this for sure?

rozaholik(Z7 LongIslandNY)July 7, 2005

Yo ya'll,

I bought 2 of these 2 years ago at Big Orange with tags "Pink striped mini" and I just stumbled on the HMF with the name Christopher Columbus aka Candy Cover aka Nashville...is this Christopher Columbus aka Candy Cover aka Nashville?

The one I planted in the ground survived, the one I planted in a pot died, but I've cloned another from a branch I accidentally cut off so I have 2 again. The leaves look an awful lot like the ones in the HMF pics too. Pardon the chewed petals...I don't spray.

Here's 3 pics, one of 2 blooms (there's about 10 - 12 petals each so I guess it's semi-double), a pic of the foliage, and another of a cluster of buds and blooms. There's a very light fragrance to my nose, and it's currently about 2 - 4 feet tall with thin, sprawling canes (flopping over if I don't tie them to a stake).

Thanks in advance for any help...

ROSE ON!

Li

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sgsmith318

No idea; isn't that frustrating?! I have the same problem. I wonder if minis are especially hard to ID...

Stef

Bookmark   July 9, 2005 at 6:28PM
RoseNut_NW(1)

Stars and Stripes?

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 3:45AM
Ron_B

Try taking samples to a local nursery. Or, maybe there is a public collection within reasonable driving distance - reasonable probably defined by how badly you want to know - that actually has the same variety, with a name.

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
The name of the rose
While searching for yellow roses on Google a couple...
johnb45
Amazing Rose...name?
Hey Y'all! I found this amazing rose I don't know the...
thelarkascending
Large fragrant apricot rose ID.
I'm trying to ID this apricot rose that came with my...
fireballsocal
Help me ID this rose, please!
Can anyone help me find out the name of this rose?...
Anh3012
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™