Garden party

MapleLeafMamaAugust 8, 2005

I planted 3 Garden Party this summer. (they are light cream with pink edges)

My problem is that I'm only getting cream flowers-no pink, which is what I loved about them at the nursery.

Is there something I could add to the soil?

I think I read somewhere that there can be quite a variance in the color of the flowers-but I have yet to get one pink edged bud!

HA-rumph!

Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michaelg(7a NC Mts)

Colors of many roses will change with the weather. You'll probably get the pink edges in the fall, along with much bigger flowers, at least when the plant matures. It is hardy for a white HT, so a good choice for you.

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 11:54AM
roseluvr

This comment is from rosetom in response to a query on white roses in the Roses forum:

'Garden Party may have a creamy tint before the flower is fully open, or in cool weather, and the petal edges will blush pink on the outer tips. In full sun and warm weather, the flower is consistently white when mature, with just the slightest tinge of pink shading - sometimes, none at all.'

I have Garden Party as well, and all blooms so far have shown the pink tint-but I have it in partial shade in the morning-so perhaps this makes the difference.

bren

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 2:59PM
MapleLeafMama

Well, you were correct. I am now getting some pink edged roses now that it is a bit cooler. YAAAY!
Thank you for your info.
Sandy

Bookmark   September 17, 2005 at 8:05PM
jo514

This is my favorite rose, It is now 4 yrs in my garden and the pink edges and fragrance is always in the cooler spring. Now if I could just keep the beetles off her:(

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
good tasting rose hips
On Antique Rose Forum I asked if anyone had found the...
damask55linen
Favorite Companion Plant for roses
hi Friends, I started a few (quite a few) seeds this...
mas_loves_roses1
Rose pruning help
Hello all, Thanks for the wonderful forum, I really...
adi_az_gw
Roses & stuff #5 (Winding down)
Today I noticed almost all the Petunias took a nose-dive...
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.
Roses & stuff (near winter)
Decided to just put Mister Lincolns container into...
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™