Help me ID this rose please

sunflowersrus222(7a Pa)July 2, 2013

A friend cut a couple of roses for me from her garden the day my mother passed. She didn't know what they were called. She said her son just buys her rose bushes and she plants them.

It's very fragrant. I could smell them all the way to my front door and I had them in a vase in the back of my house in the kitchen! Thats nearly 80 feet away and I could smell them. The leaves are very pale green. No shine to them at all. The plant itself is not very large. It doesn't appear to be a tea and is not very bushy. Don't know if its just how she cuts the plant itself or what. The blooms appear to have pink on the edges and as you get closer to the center its more and more peachish in color. The blooms are about 3 inches across.

I don't mind if I can't get the exact rose but would like to find something similar to it. Just love the color of these and the fragrance is fabulous.

This post was edited by sunflowersrus222 on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 12:40

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunflowersrus222(7a Pa)

here is a photo taken a few days later after they had both opened up.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 12:32PM
sunflowersrus222(7a Pa)

here is another

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 12:34PM
nummykitchen

Looks like Tiffany to me!

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 1:19PM
sunflowersrus222(7a Pa)

Thank you nummykitchen. The colors certainly look like Tiffany to me. The greens are not the same but I'm not really after the same exact rose. The colors and fragrance are what interested me. I can smell these roses as far away as the sidewalk when I walk past my neighbors yard. I just fell in love with the them and since I got the clippings the day my mother passed away it has meaning to me. She keeps telling me to come into her yard any time and cut some roses but I don't feel right doing that.

I had been looking all over for a rose that looked similar (finding the exact rose would be a shot in the dark) but wasn't finding anything remotely close. So glad I asked here. I'm going to put the Tiffany rose on my wish list. I see that heirloom roses carries them.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 1:33PM
nummykitchen

No problem! I grew Tiffany last year and loved her. Very fragrant and beautiful pink blooms with yellow at the base. Unfortunately mine did not make it through the winter (maybe because I planted too shallow, not sure). Very sweet sentiment to remember your mother, I hope you find the perfect rose. :)

Andrea

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 8:10PM
nummykitchen

No problem! I grew Tiffany last year and loved her. Very fragrant and beautiful pink blooms with yellow at the base. Unfortunately mine did not make it through the winter (maybe because I planted too shallow, not sure). Very sweet sentiment to remember your mother, I hope you find the perfect rose. :)

Andrea

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 8:11PM
cjrosaphile(z8 Pacific NW)

I'm going to disagree with the others. It looks like Elle to me. Tiffany has larger blooms and is a more substantial plant. Elle stays shorter and was not all that vigorous for me. Take a look at Help Me Find and look at several pages of photos. I think that the blooms look more like Elle.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 2:01AM
sunflowersrus222(7a Pa)

According to heirloom roses the Elle is only moderately fragrant. What I'm looking for is extremely fragrant. Which is more to the Tiffany.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 6:30AM
valerianet

take a look to my "elle" which is fragant.
hope it helps

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 9:43AM
sunflowersrus222(7a Pa)

Your Elle looks beautiful. I put both the Elle and Tiffany on my list and will buy both next time I place my order. I just fell in love with the color combination and the fragrance so 2 different roses with similar colors will certainly make me happy.

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 12:49PM
seil zone 6b MI

I'm going to vote for Elle too. It looks just like mine!

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
IDing some Austins for me
Hi All, I purchased a few of these Austin's from Cool...
SoFL Rose z10
old rose ID1
This rose is a low bush (to 80 cm) growing under a...
dkelch
Please help to ID this rose
I found these rose plants near my hometown and all...
neddy_nam
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
More nd more...hope sm1 names them
It's SN21 ...newbie ....please name these flower ...thanks...
sn21
Sponsored Products
Fleur De Lis Candle Sconce with Rain Glass And Brass Medallion, Set of Two
$180.95 | Bellacor
AICO Furniture - Lavelle Blanc Sideboard - 54007-04
Great Furniture Deal
Red Tiffany Rose Flower Shade Table Lamps for Living Room
ParrotUncle
Cooper Classics Malone 23 3/4" x 31 1/2" Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Mirage MIR801A 6' x 9' Silver, Grey Rug
PlushRugs